Meteor Train Strike

So after wanting to make a scene with trees I had a look at my model collection and tried to see what else I could incorporate into the scene. I settled with a pair of Gloster Meteors I made a couple of months ago and got a result of this:

It was okay for a start but hardly impressive in the slightest.

Added in the train to jazz things up a bit:

BUT! Since the scene was made in Cycles, and the smoke was from BI, the smoke wasn’t being shown through the canopy of the nearest jet. A big problem

Nice. The trees are great! Reminds me of the game War Thunder. :slight_smile:

if I remember well these Gloster Meteors were used only over England and not very often.

looking nice

happy cl

Sweet. Is that a Maus super heavy tank in the field? :3

Haha I have been playing War Thunder a lot recently!

And yep you’re right, during World War 2 the RAF Meteors never left England. But my Meteors carry Australian markings so maybe this scene could be Korea instead?

It sure is a Maus! Sadly it didn’t fit in the final scene too well and had to be removed. But here’s a render of it close up instead

Dude I love it! interesting theme and the trees look amazing. Perhaps you can try putting some motion blur to enhance the intensity of the moment and speed of the objects (planes, the train, missiles). Keep working!

So posted this WIP on the Blender Facebook page a few days ago and got some really good feedback. Rather happy with it so far.

Wow, much better composition! I like it. :slight_smile: However, I feel the gunfire is to orange; it should be a bright yellow-white IMHO. Otherwise, it looks great!