Old Man (WorkInProgress)

Hello!!! I’m here again with a new project… This time, I want to make a realistic potrait of an old man. I will post all the steps here from sculpting to the end. I also want to test SSS in blender to achive realistic skin result. Again, I want to make the majority of this in blender :slight_smile:

So…Happy blending!!!

These are the three first render: the base sculpt, the retopo (wire) and the render
(I have to say that I use Zbrush for the firts part of the retopo but I remade some parts in blender)

This is a good start! Although I think he could use some tweaks :wink:
The eyes are a little too small, remember that the face is five eyes wide. I think there also needs to be a little more brow. And the nose is a little too big in my opinion. I think the mouth is very good! But the ears are too thin, around the helix part, it is just a tad too thin. I hope this helps! :wink:

bonrw1: Tank you for the super fast comment!! I try to make some adjustements :slight_smile:

Here is the detail sculpt render :

Next step: diffuse texture and SSS shader!!!

Bring his eyes in towards each other a bit. They are spaced too far apart.

Okay, looks good with the detail! I think the wings (I think they are called that) on the nose over the nostrils are too far up. And maybe the nose juts outa little too far? Can we see a profile view? Really nice detail by the way, this is going to be fun to see the progress :slight_smile:

Hello! Thank you for the comments…

Here is the skin that I paint without SSS (only a diffuse map). I will now play with the skin shader and skin maps:

Hello again :smiley:

There is a new test render with SSS (with no spec). The goal is to achive a realistic skin result with render pass so I have to rendre an AO, Shadow…

I’m glad to see you didn’t change the model…the eyes or the noes. To be honest I really like the style and those are the features that give it style:) The skin shader is going to be impressive I believe!

The skin texture is very nice! Although it would be nice to see a little more scattering in the ears… Maybe try turning up the backlight a bit…Have you seen Kent Trammell’s Skin Shading with cycles tutorial? It really helped me to create realistic skin! :slight_smile: http://cgcookie.com/blender/cgc-courses/skin-shading-cycles/