Composite Effects Question

2 part question(S)

I followed this tut,

In one section he suggests that I set my animation to start a bit later then 0 to have it in ‘full affect.’

IF I have a 250 frame animation of this SUN and only want to have this Proxy file used say the last 50 frames of my 300 frame animation that it is going to be in…how do I instruct my Timeline to do so?
In other words:
I have an animation Master Scene that is a total of 300 frames, this created SUN has an animation of 250 frames total I then bring it in as a Proxy
Yet I really only want or need to take 50 frames of the that SUNS’s 250 frames desired and then place or Proxy it into that 300 frame Master scene.
In editing software I would just drag down the movie to desired spot to do so. However I need this part in my scene.
Is this a case where you render the SUN’s desired frames out as desired and then composite it into the Master Scene as desired?

I was kinda hoping to Proxy ALL the objects as they all have an affect on how each react off one another due to say the SUN being an emmiter or my ship has reflective qualities.

2nd part of the question:
at 12:55 he renders out his SUN and then moves to composite a glow effect and so forth. Is this only done as a 2 pass render to add those effects or can those be added and then rendered out as one scene with all added as one pass render out?
Where I would then get my Master Scene with all desired effects rendered out in one shot.

OR am I causing costly renders due to making it all in one scene as 3D where I should do this as 2D and composite those glow effects as I would my lens flares and such?

I ASK this because that glow of a SUN and with a camera pan whip in it, does have a certain look to it; that is kinda detailed to try and cheat after the fact in a 2D After the fact After Effect kinda way…

It would make it much easier for everyone answering your question if you could give specific timeline times for the important parts of the video you want us us to see. That would make it easier to find. Thanks!

I did 12:55 See 2nd part of the question.