Clap Trap - Borderlands Character

Hey Minions…
Sorry… Borderlands joke xD

Hello everyone!

The first render of my version of one of the best game character ever made!
Planning on turning him into a badass Clap Trap for the final render, with shotguns and stuff! :smiley:

Any kind of feedback is very welcome!

Attachments

Yay! I’m done modelling a shotgun for the render! :smiley:

Which pose do you like the most?? :confused:

Love it, big fan of claptrap!

Thank you! :smiley:

Nice work, Dan80! The modeling already looks spot on! Are you planning to go for the illustrative style of texturing (as in the game) or more of a realistic shader for materials? I personally prefer the first pose a little more, as I think it works better for a still image.

Thank you! I think I will try to find the original textures and then go for the illustrative style, but with a much more detailed mesh and, if it is possible, better bump mapping than in the games. I will basically try to make it look like it’s from the game, only better quality and more detailed. :slight_smile:

I finally found a way to make this nice black outline on all object inside Blender using Cycles! :smiley: If you used a solidify modifier with a material offset and inverted normals you were able to easily make the outlines with Blender Render, but with cycles you need a scripted shader to make it work. I’ve used this guy’s script: http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/67827

I have also tried to make the materials for the gun. They are not done yet, but I think they already look quite good.

Love it. Looking forward to seeing how you get that unique Borderlands texture look!