Long Forgotten

This is a piece i did to show off my new knit material. but then i liked how it was looking so i decided to go all the way with it. because there was only one window i had to pump up the sample because of how grainy it was :\

About the render:

Created in: Blender
Rendered in: Cycles
samples: 1024

Story: one of my main challenges when it comes to art is adding emotion. this is a challenge for me because i have such little experience in art (2 years) so in this one i tried my best to tell a story. i won’t tell you what the story is though because the kinda removes some of the mystery.

Attachments

Excellent work!!! Light setting and material ist really good.

I think the cloth is destroy the emotion… may be ( I’m not expert though) …
but it’s very good artwork!!!

Great job! :slight_smile:

I like it very much. It certainly tells a different story to every one of us. Well done :slight_smile:

thank you :smiley:

Very good, it struck a chord with me so I suppose it does reach to the soul :slight_smile:

the lighting is what strikes me most… really beautiful! and subtle.

Thanks you :smiley:

That’s wonderful to hear! that’s what i was going for, thank you.

Oh my… yes definitely tells a story. And I like the details such as the spider webs. Congratulations.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Your knit material is awesome. The rest of the image too, but the knit is especialy impressing for me.

There is already a lot of story to make with this image. I guess the emothion you where after is nostalgia, if so an elder photo look provided by some vignetage may intensify it. I’m generaly against vignetage, as it is used as a composition tool regardless of the storyteling, but in this case it may add to the old look of the scene. Just an idea, not sure it’s a good one but as it’s fast to try it I decided to share this though. Some color filters to age the colors and why not some scratch on the image may go even farther in this direction. Of course if solitude was the emotion, as the last generaly lead to the former it may work as well.

Thanks :slight_smile: i didn’t want to go down the “Vintage look” road because i have in the past and i just became distracting from the image and details. thanks! i’ll keep these notes in mind for my next one :smiley:

a bit more spider webs would cook up the emotion but it looks great :wink:

Yes, the lighting is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.