How make fur in compositing

Hi,
it’s possible make a fur shader with the compositing in blender, starting from a rendered model?

What I mean is doing something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIYTBeNThpg, made in OpenGL as multi pass shader, using the compositor nodes, standard or costumized

Why I need this? Because I want obtain a “fluffy animal” but my 8GB of RAM aren’t enough and, maybe, it’s possible to reduce the render time with a little quality loss

(In alternative someone knows some tutorial to do the fur in OpenGL, so I can understand better how it works? Anyway, sorry for my derp-english:o)

That’s not “realistic fur” to me. It’s an interesting exercise in OpenGL-voodoo, but I don’t think that it actually produces a usable fuzzy-bunny.

If you’re running into hardware constraints, I’d suggest (if possible …) redefining the project so that “what you can do” is “good enough.”

“Bunnies are fuzzy. (And, cute. Very cute.)” We know that. We know that, and therefore we’ll ‘see’ that, even if we never actually see the stunning hair-shaft by hair-shaft renderings of “fuzzy cute.” So, maybe you can render just a few seconds of “particle hair ooh-ahh-impressive [to a CG Nerd]” … and feature that :wink: on BlenderArtists, of course … then put that extreme-closeup (ECU) shot early in your show, then keep the camera a little farther away from His/Her Fuzzy Cuteness for the remainder of the show, during which you use a much less expensive technique.

I’m suitably in-awe of what this person has managed to do with OpenGL. :eek: :eek: Nevertheless, I would not try to use it in a picture.