Inside your camera

I have been working on this on and off for ages. There is more I could do but I think it’s time to finish and move on. Hope you like it:

The camera is quite completely modeled and might be useful - I put it on blendswap CC0.

Here is the AO pass:

Edit: There is a “behind the scenes” article here:

I love this image, swmo! Realistic and fantastical at the same time, the camera and materials are great! I like your choice of red, green and blue paints, and the post work is tastefully done. Very cool work!

Very creative image. I really like it.

5 stars.

Reminds me of the Iconograph from the Discworld, very well done.

Glad you decided to finish it up! The body and lens look really well modeled and textured, but what makes this image unique is the artistic creativity behind it.

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

Muahahahaha so Pratchetty!!!

Totaly like it.

hhhh… nice idea. love this image. stunning colors and details.

Only problem I see in this stunning mage is the lack of paint on the woman.
But even with that, top row for sure.

Incredible image. Realistic but fantastical.

Great work congrats! :slight_smile:

I truely love this!!! thumbs up!!!
can you please tell me (as im new to blender) how did you do the swishes?? thanx in advance>>>_.

Beautifull artwork.
Nice composition, idea. I love the tones.

Congrat.

a really creative image! wonderfully composed, beautiful colors, and a great story telling. well done, swmo! congrats to the top row, well deserved :slight_smile: … my five stars too…

Thank you everyone :slight_smile:

About the swishes. They are geometry (from curves) - some thick and some thin. The shader looks like this

There is some variation in transparency (hardly visible) and they fade out at the ends - that is all the stuff on the left. Then it’s just a simple emission shader, but much stronger on all but the camera rays, so the colour doesn’t wash out to white but it still illuminates the rest of the scene.

Excellent. So well done.

Wow! This soooo deserves top row! 5 Stars here :smiley:

Very well done.

Very nice!
I like the colorful light beams, that’s a good effect.

Very well done… time well spent…