Video sequencer editor crashing when hitting ALT+A

Good evening everyone,

I am trying to do some video editing with Blender and I find it pretty powerful and impressive so far.

I basically want to synchronize three different music videos but as soon as I add the 3rd one and hit ALT+A for preview, Blender crashes. Hitting the Play botton in the timeline window also produces the same result :/…

So the question is WHYY?? As you can see in the uploaded picture, I increased the memory usage and tried different proxy / Timecode settings.

I was also able to combine the same videos with higher quality using iMovie 11 and it worked fine with the preview. But since this is a high precision synchronization, Blender is the better choice for this job.

Therefore I am suspecting some memory usage problem somewhere but I don’t know how to further/better control memory usage in Blender.

I use Blender 2.73a. Exact same issue with 2.72b on Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.10

Thank you in advance!

Hmm, perhaps a corruption of the timeline datablocks?

try a new project and add the last strip by itself, does that play?

if you have various audio fades perhaps they are faulty, try adding all strips without any animated values.

if the picture in picture effect lasts throughout then it could be a memory issue, but it shouldn’t crash just slow right down.

Thanks for the reply.

I actually never thought the clip could be corrupt, since it played normally when I added it by itself.

I downloaded the videos once again from the memory card of the camera and imported them without compression in Blender and things worked fine!

So thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it :smiley: !