Yellow Jacket Wasp

here’s the piece i did with my friend to understanding photorealistic

I do the most modeling texture and rendering and my friend Akkarin Sorhasan did the character TD and wings

the real size of this piece is 6000 * 4000 compare to full size piture of nikon D7000 and 65mm Macro lens

here’s my artstation page https://www.artstation.com/artwork/yellow-jacket-6af01137-ef87-4cd8-bbd9-ed41be37e074

It’s really impressive how you’ve managed all details.
Can you post the camera settings here? That was a great dof shot.

Wow so awesome, I really like all the details!

AAUAUUAAAAEEEEXXXHHHGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Yellowjackets attacked me 3 months ago or something like that, and that is the sound I made. Just a picture made me scream too.
Terrifying, and superb.

Impressive work… maybe DoF is too strong, but the image is awesome!

What I like the most is the attention to detail. Adding the web was a really smart move. Cheers!

This is awesome, fantastic job!

It’s realy impressive and totaly worth 5 star.
I have to say it look a little like a stuffed animal, especialy in the second shot.
Chtin generaly has more specular/ glossy that show under the hair and the eyes look more like some cloth than wasp eyes for lake of reflection too, strangely I see the reflection in the first shot but not on the second.

The general effect is stuning thoug, I just point the flow I see to temper my jalousy. :smiley:

Totally believable, thanks for sharing this piece of art. One minor crit: maybe the legs could be a little more glossy. Five stars from me.

Great looking wasp.

I think the exoskeleton should be shinier though and I think it have too many ‘hair’ but then I don’t really know how a wasp looks like at closeup.

very real, almost looked like a photo to me

Wonderful! I love the details!

Congrats on top row ^^

This is sooo awesome, thumbs up :eek:

Very well done, very realistic. Grate work.

regards,
Tejas.

***https://www.facebook.com/tejasyadavart

The model is very good, the detail are very good and also the ambientation. The shader, however, should be improved a lot, in particular for what regards the legs. The are way too furry, not enough saturated, monochromatic, an not reflectvive at all.

In real life, I’d say the wasp’s outer shell would be shinier. It would have a bit of a gloss effect.

Great work, and very realistic. Awesome.

Weird… I said something on a thread before it made top row. Again, terrifying, superb, and totally deserved top row.

that’s reality.