Creation of the "Battle City" game in Blender Game Engine

Hello

I begin to study of the development of games on BGE by creating of a simple game. I want to create the “Battle City” game. I found a sprite sheet

I can unwrap a picture on a plane. But I don’t know how to create an animation of a movement. I need to change the picture for movement and I need to change it for rotation (because shadow of sprites - they are not here but - in others)

This is my first attempt. Please, correct my way: Battle City in BGE. Attempt number 1

I found a very good tutorial about “sprites”: Blender Game Engine Tutorial - 2D Sprites

I download his blend file. But it runs normally only in Blender 2.69. I downloaded also his Sprites.py and Player.py. I make all how he sad but my character doesn’t move. I see this error in console:

Traceback (most recent call last): File “\Player.py”, line 117, in PlayerMain
File “\Player.py”, line 63, in PlayerUpdate
KeyError: ‘value = gameOb[key]: KX_GameObject, key “friction” does not exist’

I attached: blend, Sprites.py and Player.py

Attachments

RedGuy.zip (104 KB)

I solved almost all problems. But I have still one

I added all properties from original blend file

Now my player can move to right, but when I move him to left he hide. Please, see my blend file

I have a problem. When I click on the “Start” button I should be moved to the “GameScene”, but I’m moved to “ExitScene”. When I press “Enter” I’m moved on the “GameScene” - it’s right. You can see it on my demo-video

This is my blend file Thank you in advance

Looking at your video it appears that you are calling both scenes when you click the left mouse button. You will need a mouse click AND a mouse over sensor to trigger the scenes you want. Your keyboard sensor will have to get its own controller instead of the OR shared with the mouse click.

It was just calling both scenes at once and picking the first one it came across.

I had still “Mouse Over” and “Mouse Click” on Exit Plane above. It works normally now. Thank you very much