bge game engine videogame code creator

The logic bricks in the bge should be made to make videogame code for source2,unity5,or ue4.That way we can keep the bge a live.I wish someone would try to do it.Maybe someone here that is going to be using those engines could.

• The BGE is a game engine. Why should a game engine produce any sources for another one?
  • The logic bricks are Blender which acts as creation tool to describe behavior that can be loaded by the BGE.
  • Other game engines have complete different ways to describe behavior. It is not likely that the logic bricks fit into their system.
  • I do not see how the BGE would benefit from such an idea. It is more than likely to lead BGE users away from the BGE.

Nevertheless you can write an exporter that generate the behavior description of the other engines. There were also tries to create Python code to act like logic bricks [I have no idea why they try to do that]. So I guess it is not really a big problem to create such an exporter [it just costs time].

Well, the idea sounds good, and who knows what might happen ! probably some people might eventually end up doing it…
After I wouldn’t pay too much attention to what some are saying, the GE might go ! but the B will still be there ! ; It just depends on what you consider to be a game…

To answer your question monster.
The BGE is a game engine. Why should a game engine produce any sources for another one?

We already do this for meshes.It is next logical step to do this.Besides the bge logic bricks could be a free alternative for other game engines.People are very famaliar with logic bricks and they would be able to use the bge which they are famaliar with.While having access to better graphics capabilities and more features.That the bge lacks.
I think we could solve the gpl issues this way.And we would be allowed to make games for other platforms through these other game engines more easily.

You export the meshes, textures etc. from Blender rather than from the BGE. This way you support Blender (which is not a bad idea at all).

As said, the other engines expect their own format of behavior description. You mention new features … you can’t describe them with Blender yet, so you can’t use them without modifying Blender.

Usually these game engines come with their own editor that allows to describe the behavior in a form they support.

The GPL is no issue if you separate GPL content from non-GPL content. This is the case with all engines. You might find even more restrictive licences out there.

You could use the new features of the other game engine if you export code compatible with that game engine.