Spacemouse during command stop working

Hello, after a long time I start working with Blender now and very like it. I just have two small questions where I have no answer for now:

1. If i start a command like pressing “b” for box selection in the 3D view, my space mouse which normally works like it should work, stop working. After i finish the command it work again without problems. I guess thats not a bug, its standard, but I hope theres a way to fix it. It disturbs the workflow a bit if you not take care to take the right view before you like to move something, if you not see the place you going to move it you have to cancel the command, first zoom it correct and then start again. Is theres some solution for?

2. Most programs have a box selection “b” function if you just hold a mouse button and start moving. Is theres a way to add this function in Blender?

:eek: Thank you for reading this post, I hope somebody have idea. :yes:

Greetings
Rayjunx

You cannot rotate while box selecting

Is theres a way to add this function in Blender?
The blender source code is freely available

I know, thats awesome, but I not have the experience to program and change this my self, I guess its a little complex, and thought im not the only one want to modify this. So is theres nobody out there have a fix for it? Do all blender artists work like that without direct box selection via mouse without hotkey B and without a working space mouse during commands?
Just can’t believe im the first one wonder about this things.

RayJunx, you can change the box select to use the mouse in the Preferences window:

I did this myself once, but not in conjunction with my 3D mouse, which I don’t really use anymore, so I soon put it back to the Blender default. Anyway, good luck!

Hm, strange, I try it again after already testing it some days ago. The strange thing is that it just not work, i cannot start border selection even after I setup “LEFT MOUSE” or “MIDDLE MOUSE” to this function. The only thing changes is that the “B” key stops working.
…just makes no sense…?

Did you try this?

Thank you, i tried it again and find out it not work with left or right mouse button or middle. I guess because the program using the left mouse button for standard clicking, like for marking the box area after you starting the box command.
BUT i defined mousebutton nr 5 with the box select function and this works. Not that perfect like just holding the left mouse, but yea, why not. That works at least :wink: