Example of Snap Target Median and Center in different situation

hi again im still new to blender modelling tools and im still learning some basic controls

Q> Im looking for example scenario where 2 said snap target can be use and utilize in different situation for now i am confused because I find them the same

im creating a call menu for Snap Target … active and closest snap target i decided i will put it because I find them i use a lot

but in median and center im still confuse if i put them both

i really appreciate if someone enlighten or demonstrate why and where they differ in different situation and how useful they are
thank you very much

With Median the median point of current selection will snap to snap target, e.g. if you’re moving an edge or a face, their center will snap.

With Center the pivot offset will snap instead. If the pivot is set to 3D cursor, then your selection will snap to target with an offset equal to what it had from 3D cursor before you started moving. For example, you grab a face that is 1 unit away from 3D cursor along X axis. When it snaps, it’s going to stay 1 unit from snap target along X axis.

1 Like

thank you mr stan pancakes

about Center : i ddnt know that pivot as cursor is needed so different effect will do
i will study it now

It’s not “needed”, it’s just that it makes more sense to use it that way: most other pivots will give the same results as with other snapping modes: Active Element in Active, Median Point in Median; Individual Origins, if I remember correctly, will work the same as Median Point.

What’s left are 3D Cursor are Bounding Box Center. For the latter, Center snapping will snap the bounding box center, for the former - it will preserve the offset from cursor.

thank you very much
yes im just confused the difference between the two because they do the same effect
but when you told to use Pivot Origin as 3D cursor for Center Target Snap… the new effect is triggering ( offset )
and there is now difference between the two

im going to experiment where i can apply this when doing modelling
thank you again for helping me