Motion Track Curve Duplication.

I’m trying to do something that seems to defeat the purpose of motion tracking at all. I have footage of a camera shake that I would like to match the motion of to a completely different clip without composting them. The motion was tracked and I was able to set up a Transform node connected to the Track Position node of the clip that I want to replicate the movement with. Now what I’ve been trying to figure out is how to replicate the motion track’s keyframes to allow it to extend past the original tracked clip’s time. I effectively just want to copy the keyframes from the motion track and duplicate them right after the last frame. I tried constraining the empty linked to my motion track to an f curve and was able to copy and paste the keyframes or add a cyclic extrapolation to the curve to repeat it. My goal was to create drivers out of the compositor’s Transform node’s X and Y values and plug them into the X and Y transform of the curve. Unfortunately, while the values do change with the curve, they only move by the hundreth’s place which is barely enough to move the clip. While looking at the motion tracker’s graph, the values do seem normalized. I’ve tried the Envelop modifier in the f curve editor as well and I still cannot get the values to transform my image. Any idea on what the problem is? Thanks.

Why not link an image plane to the empty with the movement? Then shoot that textured plane?

That’s funny because this was honestly my first thought. I just felt there was a cleaner method that would allow me to manipulate the tracking data itself in terms of replicating the keyframes. I guess the simplest way sometimes is the best.

I guess thats because the track info lasts for as long as the source does. The Movie Clip asset is a scene specific item that does not repeat but can be offset. So it’s designed that way. At least you can get some of the info out of it.