Realistic flower

So today I’ve made a test on how to do flowers fairly easy and put together a video sharing some of my experiences :smiley:

tutorial:

result of the tutorial:

IMO the thumbnail of the video is misleading.

The result of the tutorial should be the thumbnail of the video.

The tutorial is pretty cool.

Well, I wanted to showcase the possibilities of applying the techniques, not just give a single-target tutorial with which people only produce that one flower, challenging people to produce more complex stuff with simple techniques so to say; I get where you’re getting from, bc I’ve seen very misleading thumbnails, but this one uses the exact same technique, shading and lighting as the finished result :smiley: thanks for the comment tho!

Realistic indeed :yes:

That looks great! Going to give it a shot once I get a chance. Would you say it is more aimed towards beginners or intermediate users?

Thanks for the tutorial - really great information and actually have some interest in similar subjects so was very helpful.

WOnderful! :))

Well it kinda depends, beginners who are familiar with the tools of blender I suppose, so somewhere in between? :smiley: I refrain from doing basic explanation as much as possible, bc it can stretch the video out and make it kind of boring for people who have some experience in blender, but I don’t think you need years of exercise before you can do this :smiley: