Old Lock

Just another exercise :slight_smile:

and test render

Materials are looking pretty good so far :slight_smile:

Thanks :slight_smile: i’m planning to add more details, and do better texturing on some parts :slight_smile:

the texture and lighting is great, but you should add more shadows around the lock, its looks a bit mehh…

also, the rust is terrible… no offence, but try looking up referances of rust and compare. it looks like paint at the moment.

great work so far :slight_smile:

Thank You :slight_smile: I’m not offended. I love to hear other People opinions and advices :slight_smile: It will help me to do better things. I agree with You about the shadows it looks a little bit flat at the moment, will try to do something with it. And the rust… :slight_smile: yeah right now it’s mixed of two diffuse colors, maybe I will use some texture.

Sending another render with postproduction:

that looks really good… try not to lose too much of the colors, i like the wood texture.
also nice touch with the nails :slight_smile: all though this one looks a bit odd…

it actually looks like an old physical photo, since it seems to be scratces on the image, witch i think looks quite cool.

i cant see much more to point out, the image is not empty, and not much seems to be “wrong” about it, beside the one nail witch i pointed out. and the lack of colors… try to bring back some of it :slight_smile:

an idea would be to use that image as a texture on a plane, placed on a table, and make it look like an old photo. and add some candles, ink and quill, an old bear bottle or something…
just an idea :stuck_out_tongue: since it looks like an old photo, why not make it an old photo :slight_smile:

Thanks for pointing that nail out :slight_smile: - fixed.

I added more shadows in certain areas. And bring back colors a little bit to compare the two. I personally like the B&W photo.

and final: