Animating with Hair particles

Okay… this is the first time I’ve run into this… I was creating an animal and putting hair on it… trying to animate the animal but when I move the bones, the hair don’t move with the animal… How do I make sure that the hair moves with the character when it moves ?

thank you

do you have ‘use modifier stack’ checked, on the Particle tab?

No I don’t… Okay… will check it… have never used… do you know a good tutorial on using the hair particles and animating… I try to watch tutorials for the info I need before I post a question …

thank you so much for the reply… am going to check it and see what happens…

have a great day

I checked off “Use Modifier stack” same thing… when I move the character, the hair don’t move with him…

I’m online trying to find a tutorial that tells what to do… I went into particle editing… does that change something and cause it not to work?

thanks

I’ve made a small test with bones, hairs with free edit and they worked ok… have you tried a more recent version of blender?

I’m using 2.73A Here is the file maybe you can see what I’m not seeing if you don’t mind… I am learning how to use and this is first time I’ve tried hair on a character… appreciate it…

Attachments

Zoo Animals.blend (2.54 MB)

Okay… been out there reading whatever I can find… ran across an article… it said to have the particles AFTER the subsurf and the armature… I changed the particle system to below the armature and sub surf… it now works…