A node based kind of CAD program

Kowing that blender is hailed for its cycles node system and also used in after processing
And we like to see it in more areas (particles / hair / animation / game engine / … )

Then i saw this movie, here they create objects by a node system, watch movie on that page.
http://www.mattkeeter.com/projects/antimony/3/

I got to say i’m not sure if it would be easy or handy, i think complexer shapes might be hard to do (character, hands etc).
But still its an interesting aprouch to create 3d shapes. might be posible for Blender too, well basicly its a node system to alter object data (and perhaps blender allready has it in an procedural addon form, i’m not sure).

Can sverchok offer the same tool set?

Sverchok is made mainly for architecture, but judging by the constant development and evolution of the addon I think the example of the video could be done with it; I don’t know if as easy as it seems in the demo but at least we have a good option inside Blender.

This guy made a ton of good and “simple” tutorials on sverchok last year blendersushi.blogspot.com

i haven’t followed the development in recent months, so i can’t say with certainty how easily (or if) sverchock can reproduce the results of that video, but one cool thing about the addon is the integration in blender. you don’t have to model exclusively in sverchock. you can start in regular blender, move to the node editor (sverchock), manipulate your mesh/curve in there, output to 3dview, rinse and repeat.

so, if you want an array of lamps to place in you model of a house, sverchock can do it for you. if you want an array modifier with variations to each object for a fence you are working on, sverchock can do it. parametric grass and spiderwebs, random rock generator, nautilus sea-shells, all kinds of archiviz models… in short, it has a lot of potential, and already it can do quite a lot.

Using Blender’s own Boolean operators and Sverchok. I’d argue it’s even easier than Antimony. Just not as fast due to the Mesh nature of Sverchok.

but, unless you are dealing with very complex objects, the non-node approach is much faster (as a method of input…).