OpenGL Shading Language (GLSL) Tutorials

So I finally started work on a GLSL tutorial series. So far there are 3 ‘chapters’:

1 - The graphics pipeline
2 - The first shader walkthrough
3 - Qualifiers and Data Types,

I will add more to it as I have time to work on it.

*Next up is Operations and their Order.

If there are any error (typo’s) send me a message and I will correct it.

Blender Game Engine GLSL Tutorials

Hi! Good initiative! I hope you’ll make some “advanced” tutorials to share your knowledge with us. There’s a lack of GLSL tutorials for Blender. Keep up the good job and thank you!

EDIT: The basics are usefull too :smiley: (for the moment I just tinker with GLSL things without having a real comprehension of what I do)

Yes, good idea. It’s nice to see GLSL-tutorials explicit for the use in the bge. At the moment I only learn GLSL by study and modify other shader (“trial and error”), so the tutorials are very helpful to unterstand what I do. I hope we will see more about this. I can’t wait for the next chapter :slight_smile:

I’m glad it is being found useful. I will get around to more advanced stuff, but first I need to finish the basics. I have not had the time I was hoping for to work on this; however, I will update it as I have time. In a worst case scenario, I will update it on the weekends.

I wish some kind soul would make a add on, where BGE compatible shaders could be waiting to use in a few clicks…

this would make the bge much more powerful.

BPR, I have said the same multiple times :slight_smile:

This is EXACTLY what I’ve been looking for; A brief, but detailed explanation of how the shaders work and how to build them. None of this, “Copy and paste this code and figure it out” kind of stuff.

I look forward to seeing more on the subject and expanding on it!

I finally had time to finish the next chapter ‘Qualifiers and Data Types’. The next tutorial will be about operations and the order of operations. I will tie chapters 3 & 4 into the 5th chapter for coding a new shader. Hopefully I will be able to add chapters 4 & 5 at the same time…