Blender Addon - Multiple Object UV Editing by Andreas Esau

Este Blender Addon permite uma maneira rápida de criar um layout UV para vários objetos.

↓↓↓↓↓↓☻↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

looks nice and useful thanks for sharing

looks like multi-edit addon

thanks!

Hey, thanks for posting.
I did a few fixes today and merged a pullrequest by jonim8or. So please test the addon… Once I release 1.0 I hope this will run rocksolid :slight_smile:
You can get the addon here:

MmAaXx
The addon is meant for quick UV editing for multiple objects at once… I think multi-edit seams to have a few more/other features… But I have to admit I haven’t played with multi-edit yet, so I cannot really say what it can do and what not.
It is also similar to TextureAtlas by Paul Geraskin… But I tried to go with a different approach here. Tried to integrate it as seamless as possible into blenders workflow and not add new panels again which are separate from blenders other tools. Also this operator only appears in the right context.

very cool job.
Thanks

Alreeady used it, very nice. The option was there to see other object’s uv, but they were not editable.

Thanks for this awesome addon! It saves so much time and I’m really surprised that Blender does not have this functionality by default - I hope the UV editing workflow will be looked at for the workflow release, because despite the great UV editing tools, the inability to edit multiple objects and some of the default settings (non-normalised UVs for instance) are a bit weird.

Anyway, there is one very small problem that has been making me go a little bit crazy. Basically, I can’t use ctrl+tab to switch uv selection mode as I can with a single object because the addon just quits multi-object editing every time. To switch modes, I have to set the mode while editing the uvs of a single object, then go into multi-object editing mode. Is this something that is possible to fix?

Mr_Flamey,
thanks… great it works fine for you.
I just fixed your issue. Should work now.

Updated version is available on my github page:

Thanks very much! I’ll give the new version a shot tomorrow.

I’m doing some asset optimisation at work at the moment, and many assets, along with debris pieces all share the same texture, so it’s so awesome to be able to modify the UVs all together in Blender rather than have to fire up my ageing and crappy Maya installation (2011…)

EDIT: Works like a charm! Thanks!

Dosen’t this go in the addons/plugins section?

Hello,

this plugin is awesome. Thanks.
I have a problem. Sometimes it crashes Blender or gives error messages like this.

Do you have an idea what is behind?

Thanks

Hi AlmaTalp,
could you provide a file which crashes? And write how to reproduce it… I need to be able to redo the bug to fix it properly.

Hello ndee,

thanks. Unfortunately I cannot share it because of its content.
Formerly I had crashes when transformations were not applied (Ctrl+A), when some of the meshes had hided UV maps/faces.
Today I was not able to find the reason, it continued crashing in different Blender versions, after restarting Win…

Finally I exported the objects in a Group to a separate file (there worked) and imported back.
I just checked again with the originals (nothing has changed) and it works now.
Isn’t it possible that somehow it makes a temp/cache file what was not refreshed or something after the error?

I found the bug. In ‘Isolation’ mode (/) it freezes.

Have you tested the latest version from github? This issue should be fixed since last week.

I used 0.9.5.

AlmaTalp
when did you download the latest version? I did not update the addon version yet. The fix was from last week.

Yesterday.

ndee, could you please help me? I don’t seem to be able to install it. I run install, but then I do not see it in the installed add-ons list so I could enable it. I’m using 2.77a Thank you very much in advance

@Pedram
have you followed the installation instructions on the github page? It is important to unzip the downloaded file first and the install only the pyfile.