New Cinelerra theme

Well, I’m a little late, but here it is:

http://www.handturkeystudios.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/normal_monkeytheme.png

Introducing the Monkey theme for Cinelerra. A lot cleaner, a lot darker, a lot better (IMHO). There are still some tweaks I have left to do (and figure out how to do - like adjusting the color of the listbox background to match the image), but I figured it would be a good idea to get out as soon as I could. These themes are tested against Cinelerra 1.2.1 and a cvs build of the same timeframe. I’ll be testing it with the more recent versions in the next couple of days.

I have two separate theme files, depending on whether you’re using the official version or the cvs version. You can download the official version one here (2.2MB). In the tarball is a compiled version of the theme (monkeytheme.plugin) that you can copy to the location of your other Cinelerra libs (usually /usr/lib/cinelerra or /usr/local/lib/cinelerra) as well as the source for the theme. In order to compile the theme from source, you’re going to have to have the entire cinelerra build tree… sorry.

The version that works with the unofficial cvs branch of Cinelerra can be downloaded here (1MB). Same deal. You can copy the compiled version (monkeytheme.so and monkeytheme.la) into your cinelerra libs and be on your way… or you can compile them yourself from source (using the full cvs build tree).

Oh… if you do want to compile from source, simply copy the monkeytheme directory (from where ever your uncompressed it) into the plugins directory of the source (both cvs and official).

Alright, I think that makes sense. Let me know if you have any troubles. I’ll probably try sending this to the cvs developers later this evening. Maybe it’ll even be included in the main branch at some point… who knows?

Amazing job. The default theme sucks big time. I may even install cinelerra again :slight_smile:

Nice work

I guess that the cinelerra author don’t care about colours, and it’s true that they’re
not important, but… I must confess that in my opinion cinelerra have the most ugly interface
in the universe :slight_smile:

thank you

Heh heh… a little color theory never hurt anyone :). Hopefully this makes it a little more useable for folks. If you use it, let me know what you think.

Hi again

I’ve installed cinelerra 1.2.2-cvs RPM on my Mandrake 10.2 and copied your files ( I’ve tried both the official and the CVS) to /usr/lib/cinelerra but nothing happens?!

Any tips??
Thank you

Have you got a link to that rpm I have been looking for a mandrake rpm.

Sure
it’s a PLF one
You should add PLF to your urpmi database, there’s plenty of good things

http://plf.zarb.org/packages.php

here’s the direct link:
ftp://ftp.easynet.fr/plf/mandrake/free/cooker
ftp://ftp.easynet.fr/plf/mandrake/non-free/cooker

Bye

So where is the link to the file?

Sorry… forgot to mention that to change the theme, you need to go to the Preferences menu under Interface and select Monkey from the dropdown box at the bottom. Then, quit out of Cinelerra and start it up again (the theme doesn’t update on the fly). With that, Monkey should load just fine.

Jedi Dawn

ftp://ftp.easynet.fr/plf/mandrake/free/cooker/i586/cinelerra-1.2.2.cvs-1plf.i586.rpm

Fweeb

Well, the problem is that the Monkey theme doesn’t appear in the list
only the Blond and Blue dot themes

And I’ve checked , the Blond and Blue dot .la and .so files exist in the /usr/lib/cinelerra too
I’ve checked the permissions too

Hrm… strange. What sort of machine are you running? I could have inadvertently used my gentoo CFLAGS, rendering my binaries unusable on machines that aren’t similarly configured. It’s either that, or something different in the latest cvs builds. I’ll research and find out.

Thank’s for care :slight_smile:

I’m running Mandrake 10.2 beta2 on a amd xp and Cinelerra 1.2.2-CVS rpm

Bye

hey, a bit late, but hey
same problem here- running cvs and I’m not getting monkey in the dropdown. any tips?

Yeah… it looks like my problem is that I used CFLAGS that were a bit too specific to my machine. I’ll try and recompile to get this working properly. And while I’m at it, I guess I should make it work with the latest cvs and official releases.

woot! thanks Fweeb looking forward to it.
of course, I could get of my ass and compile it myself :wink:

I don’t blame you for not compiling it, man… Cinelerra can be a bitch to compile yourself. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to recompile after updating a library, only to find out that the compiled failed and I have to dig through the source to change or comment out some bizarre block of code that just happens to depend on whatever changed in the updated lib.

Between that and doing this theme, I’ve become a lot more familiar with C++, though.

well, the way I think I might do it is to “cheat” with gentoo- just use the ebuild command, unpack the source directory from the ebuild, copy the new theme into it, then build and install…

And that’s probably the smarter way to do it, too :). Lemme know if you run into any snags with it. Like I said, I haven’t tested it on the latest cvs stuff yet, so there might be some issues in compiling it.

Yup, the screenshot indeed looks better than Blond (anything looks better than Blonde) but it looks better than Blue too :smiley:

I’ll see if I got lucky with the CVS version I have…

Well, no luck here either, I guess I need to recompile CInelerra, I think the themes are hardcoded into it, am I right ?

Best regards