procedural skyscraper shader

Hi everyone,

soo… I am working on a nice skyscraper shader, which turns out to be pretty flexible and I wanted to to share some fist results :wink:

EDIT: I decided to put the city shader in its current version already online, although it isn’t finished yet. maybe someone still wants to play around with it ;). https://www.dropbox.com/s/2a70kd5pmwhb08f/city.blend?dl=0

here is a video of a day-night-transition:

then we have a skyline:

and the same thing in the night:

a close-up of the windows generated by the shader (I hope to make them more detailed as they are right now):

Here are some more pictures:

the shader can handle almost arbitrarily complex meshes it doesn’t require any UV unwrapping or similar things … (the buildings in the picture were generated with displayment surface + remesh modifier for example):

and for easier city generation, it will optionally generate random colors, window-forms and skyscraper facades for each
generated object in a blender-particle setup (each “cube” building is a duplicated particle object in blender).

I am going to upload the blend file with the shader soon, in the pictures above i somehow messed up the alignemen of the night lights with the windows, that already worked in an earlier version … so there is still somework to do :wink:

Looks cool. I’ll have to check it out!

Awesome :smiley:

This is just what I needed! I work ALOT with cities on my artwork, So I decided to buy the addon SceneCity for generating cities. They are really good but I’m not really good with using the procedural texture nodes that comes with this addon. Thank you so much for this! Also, A little question, Are we allowed to use this for individual and small profit?

EDIT: Just looked at the license, Sorry ^^;