Espresso

Suggestion on materials? what would you improve? what about the freestyle edges?

Some fine scratches would be nice. See this tutorial for ideas:

That tutorial looks awesome thanks :yes:

Already has a few scratches,not really visible on the low res images

Well, the only flaw that I see is that sunlight would be shining on the top of the lid, but there’s no sunlight there.

Well, the only flaw that I see is that sunlight would be shining on the top of the lid, but there’s no sunlight there.

Indeed! thanks ,the sun-lamp wasn’t aligned with the hdri, I fixed it.

And added some more bigger scratches, not perfect need my graphic tablet for that :confused:

If I recall correctly (who am I kidding, I’m looking at mine right now) the top and bottom for that model have the same geometry, saving the spout and handle attachment.

My Bialetti has accumulated a lot of scratches (and a few tiny divots) which range from very short to almost the width of one of the segments, but the base metal between the scratches is still shiny and reflective. One thing it has NOT accumulated is fire marks on the bottom. I’m not sure what kind of heat could leave marks like that which wouldn’t be cleaned off. There is also a tiny accumulation of grunge around the edges of the pressure relief valve.

On my model, the part where the bottom necks in toward the threads is polished smooth, no machine marks. This may have been a manufacturing change somewhere along the line. The Bakelite handle on mine has rounder lines, too, but that may also be a manufacturer’s change. Since the handle on mine appears to be a bit wider than the one you have modeled, there is a depressed spot underneath the lid hinge and above the handle, which has also accumulated some grunge, more or less randomly spread over the area.

^^ my bialetti looks a lot different too, however this is not intended to be an accurate reproduction of a bialettti-brand espresso maker.
There are also lots of noname-espresso makers too.

Mine is also still very shiny, but still very scratched too. The fire marks from the bottom is from a gas stove, and you can clean them off, but that is seriously a lot of work XD so I don’t haha :smiley:

added some detail, finished now i think