Codec workflow?

I’m trying to figure out my workflow. I’ve shot my film with Canon 5dmk2 and I’m editing in premiere. I’m using h264 and am planning on exporting tga image sequence to blender so that I can motion track and add all 3d elements then I think I render out image sequence back to h264 and do color matching in ae? Sorry for newb question .

I think I render out image sequence back to h264 and do color matching in ae?
Why re-encode the image sequence to h264 if you already have the original h264 footage or this image sequence that you could use in AE.
If you add additional elements in blender and you want to do further processing in another application export using a lossless format from blender such as .tif or .png image sequence.
Try and keep it lossless as much as possible until the very final export

Thank you Richard. Im thinking now i might just try to do everything i can in blender. Do you think a tga image sequence would be fine? Meaning exporting to blender from premiere? I read that it is said to color grade better and also particle fx show better with tga. Thanks again!

Tga has no advantage over png or tif. Personally I would use tif if I want to save storage space, otherwise I would use half float exr.

Do not encode to h264 until doing final delivery file, because it is a highly lossy format.