Interpolate in VSE?

I have some footage as a videoclip in VSE that I change the playback speed for, creating a slowmo effect and then speeding it up again. It gets a bit jerky when playing slow, which I guess is due to that there are not enough frames in between.
Is there any way to make it look smoother? Any way to interpolate and generate new frames? Kind of new to this, but should be a fairly common problem, right?
Thanks

There’s a free program that will slow down video by creating new frames so that it won’t be jerky. I forget the name of it but I’ll try to find it.

ETA: Here it is…
http://slowmovideo.granjow.net/

Steve S

You want a program that has Optical Flow technology.

Thanks Steve S and 3pointEdit, Optical Flow seems to be what I need. Too bad Blender dont do it.

Slowmovideo looks interesting, but got the impression its not been updated and a bit complicated to install. Might be wrong though, but I ended up using Davinci Resolve. Dont get along with the interface at all, but the optical flow works nice. So I scaled the time uniformly for the whole clip, exported and did slowing down/speeding up in Blender. Speed strip and F-curves in VSE works well for me.