Cosmos Laundromat - First Cycle. Official Blender Foundation release.

Short but impressive. I have followed the project meetings every week, and it’s much better than I expected. Congratulations for this excellent job.

Awesome it finally came out!

It begins with an attempted suicide… sounds grim…

Wow - Very poetic… Ill watch episode 2 :eyebrowlift:

Some shots from “first cycle” look at bit weird…

Like the part where they zoomed into Frank’s eyebrow… you can kind of tell the texture is a bit low res…

But don’t get me wrong it’s still a great pilot.

Really beautiful, and all open-source. Bravo

I don’t like the character design of Victor. Too simplistic yet the hair and eyes are too close the the uncanny valley. With proportions like that why did they bother animating him in Blender, Claymation is for characters like that.

Aside from that I absolutely loved it!
Now what…

how is the ending song called? I really dig it. Sounds like dreampop/shoegaze

Already commented on the other thread, but since there are two now, I will just drop another thumbs up here. Stunning. The hard work paid off.

Really impressive work they pulled off with the few people actually working on it.

I hope this becomes something like Caminandes, with a new episode every year or so.

This! The design is just off. Otherwise I loved the video, especially the visuals and small intricacies of the animation. Really good job showing off Blender´s anmation and rendering potential.

As I expected, that was horrible outside of being a tech demo. Now that the BF has something for Siggraph, perhaps its time to move on and focus on something else… make this first cycle the last cycle.

To the hater boooooo!

Call me dense but I don’t really know what this movie is about. Reincarnation Philosophy or maybe an advert against suicide?
I’m not political correctness advocate but swearing in an open movie project which should attract as wide of an audience as possible is just bad practice -Franck at 5:02 “with my f*cking hooves”-.
BF Also should hire english or american (or other english speaking countries) actors for voices, the dutch accents is too destracting for me (I’m dutch btw).
The visuals are okay but nothing spectacular.
I would give this first episode a 7.5 overall.
hopefully future episodes will be better.

Best Short made with blender I’ve seen so far. Storywise there seems to be a tradition in blender open movies to have protagonists that are hard to identify with or even feel sorry for. I somehow like this as an alternative to contemporary storytelling.

My prediction as to what your opinion would be was right then :slight_smile:

Regardless of the amazing visuals, I just discovered in this thread that I won’t be watching anything in this series because of it having profanity. I would advise the BF to please place a mature content (18+) warning at the beginning of the video as a result. Seriously, they couldn’t find any alternative to the F-bomb?

I know the BF technically has the freedom to do what it wants, but if you place mature content in the movies, then you will assume the expectation that people also have the freedom to refuse all financial support for anything not solely based on Blender development due to moral reasons.

Incredible visuals!!! You feel like you are in the movie.
This is the real successor to Sintel.
For me the characters (all 3) were not likable rest was just awesome!

That’s exactly why blender movies are mediocre at best. If you feel NOTHING for the characters you feel NOTHING for the movie itself. I shouldn’t be hard on Blender Foundation until I see another episode. the positive side is that - if they make more episodes- they could go in an upward line instead of a downward one (it’s harder to follow up on a good episode with a better one than a bad episode with a better one if you know what I mean).