How to texture this low poly runway?

Hello I want to texture this low poly runway of mine but don’t know how. Given that it’s low poly I want the texture to be simple so just a very basic diffuse texture. How do I add runway lines like in this photo then? (http://www.jfwhite.com/Collateral/Images/English-US/heavy-civil/0910%20Nov%2016,%202009%20003.jpg)

I’m really inexperienced in texturing, I would normally just select faces and assign a material to them (as you can see in my ref pics above, not sure if thats a cheap way of doing things), but if you have other methods please tell me here because the select faces method would be hard to apply on my runway.

Thanks all!

go into top view, screenshot it, open it in a paint’type software that supports multiple layers, make a black and white factor map.

then go back to blender, make a material, UV unwrap it, add two diffuse nodes and 1 mix node, use the black/white texture you just made as factor in the mix shader.

this way you have full control over the materials, so if u want to add bumps to only one of them, or add some gloss to one of them etc.

its the same for the yellow line, but you need a separate map for that.

this is the most effective way, all though there are easier ways to get similar results, i would still challenge you to do it this way cause you learn a LOT by doing so. you learn about the node editor, texturing, export/import, factors etc.