Compose a 3D View scene with multiple cameras

I really want to figure out the most efficient technique to edit a scene from 3D View in both a node editor and a VSE when there are multiple cameras on the scene. In other words, I would like to use different camera angles in my final animation. What’s the best approach to this?

Thanks for your help.

Set the number of cameras you want and link them to markers on the timeline. This allows you browse through your cameras.

Or set multiple cameras in a scene, then create a new scene for the VSE (or start the VSE in the 3D scene) and add a scene strip, open the strip properties and select the camera to view. Or add multiple copies of the scene strip, setting a different camera for each.

Stack them on top of each other and add a switcher effect on top. Then switch the source to your hearts content, even make multiple different switches of the same scene without being tied to particular markers.

If you want to affect the compositor scene input node then make sure that the VSE is turned on in the scene properties panel as well.