Levi (Blend file available!)

Hello blenderheads!

This is Levi from Attack on Titan. It uses different art style which inspired by Moby Francke. It’s all rendered using GLSL viewport. Material is inspired by Team Fortress 2 shader. You can download blend file and watch the timelapse below.

Blend file: http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/80852

GLSL viewport render:

Matcap render:

Timelapse:

Hope you like it!

Outstanding work!

Awesome! Really nice overall. I’m not totally convinced by the hat and scarf, but hey, it’s way better than I can do :yes:
Are you going to add textures to it?
I really like how solid this model appears. He appears heavy and stands firmly.
hope you make another but with the blades and movement gear thing!

keep it up!

Thanks for the comments!

@Sebniemi Yeah, I still need to practice more about cloth sculpting. I didn’t have plan to add more texture to him, but I’ll create more models for sure! :slight_smile:

Amazing work! And thanks alot for sharing the file, I can learn something new from it :slight_smile:

Very nice model. I’m a bit surprised this one hasn’t gained more attention.

5 stars from me.

Thanks for posting the video.

This is killer. Amazing sculpt.
I love the colour grade also.

great work!!!
c
ould you post a wireframe?

Thanks Ucupumar this is outstanding. I’m amazed how good the GL render looks and still haven’t quite understood how it all works out with the lighting and shaders. Thanks for sharing i will study this some more because I’m trying to eventually switch from Blender Render to GL render for my daily work where I just can’t afford cycles’ render times.

That’s some real skills! And it’s funny how you set him up for cleaning, though one needs to know his personality/occupation to fully appreciate it :slight_smile: Great job!

Thanks for all kind comments and stars! :smiley:

Yes. Here they are. It’s kinda scary, lol.

I use optimal display, so it only shows wireframe of the basemesh. Head looks messed up because it’s dyntopo sculpted, meaning it has no basemesh. I’m such a lazy person to do a retopo. :smiley:

Beautifully crafted! Kinda weird seeing a not so short Levi :stuck_out_tongue:

Just beware, GL render material nodes still far from cycles or even internal. I hope next blender 2.8 will consider GL render as serious render engine.

Anyway, part 2 of timelapse is up! Hope you like it!

Sorry for bumping fairly old thread, but I already post part 3 of the timelapse.
This one is a bit like tutorial about node setup for lighting in realtime render.

Brilliant work and the videos are fascinating! Would definitely like to see more like this.

tf2 shader?

Hmm… They actually give the shaders out for free?

Cool

And the art is really good too

@FouldoBaggins @fdfxd
Thanks for the awesome comments!! :smiley:

Yes, they are sharing the process with this paper. For more artist friendly explanation, you can visit this link.