Add-ons. Can't seem to make them save with a start up default.

Is there a way to make an add-on save with a file? Or even just the default set up? If not, why? I use the loop tools all the time, as well as a few others. I bought an add-on from Mike Pan. Great. But I need to install it every time. And then find it, turn it on, as well as the others I like. Any thoughts?

You do click “Save User Settings” after activating the add-on, don’t you?

Nope. Thanks. Didn’t see that. I assumed there had to be some way…

Edit: Perfect, thanks. Not sure why it won’t save with “Ctrl-U”.

From my understanding Blender has “startup scene level” and “system level” sets of settings.
“Save User Settings” is for the system wide, scene independent level of settings which will apply to each and every file opened with Blender. CTRL-U is for startup scene settings that are saved into the startup file and only apply to this very file.

Add-ons are system level and therefore are not affected by startup scene level preferences. Or so…

Interesting. Thanks. Blender is a big, complex program. I’ve been using it for years and still miss things like that. But to be honest, I sorta ignore the technical side most of the time and just model my game props. I’m just realizing lately that there’s often a simpler way to do something, if I’d just learn something besides modeling and texturing. Thanks, happy Sunday.

Thank you, the same to you!