How to get better zpass in cycles?

Hello

I just compare zpass of blender internal render

and cycles

and, as you can see internal’s zpass is better

How to get better zpass in cycles?

What is the issue you are having? How are you generating those zpass images? What do you mean by ‘better’? How do you know that blender internal isn’t the one thats incorrect…

You can always pass it through a color-ramp node to match BI’s pass if you really think it’s more accurate.

Do note though that it won’t be anti-aliased, if you want an anti-aliased pass then better activate the mist pass and use it instead.

I you’re talking about the aliasing, this video from bartek skorupa may help.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EPo2LroCU9A[/video]

the idea is to use camera z data as a global material rather than the default z pass from the render passes.

oh man the boss.

Thank’s to all!
Hello, Zeke Faust. thank you, I saw thit video. But, this is workaround and i hoped there was a trivial way to do that directly from Zpass.

Also, generally: Anytime that “the image is actually data,” be sure you’re using MultiLayer OpenEXR files, which are specifically intended for storing data. No compression, big phat floating-point numbers, and so on. “Stem-to-stern, OpenEXR.”

Not really. Mist pass is antialiased but don’t match the Z value. The best is to use a override shader with the Z value.