Quicksilver trail in blender?

Hey guys, I am trying to recreate the trail that Quicksilver makes when he runs like in The Avengers Age of Ultron. Any suggestions on how I might go about acquiring that effect? Here are a couple reference images.

Attachments

Track hand or shoulder etc, then apply an emitter object to that location. Generate particles over time that have no gravity or velocity (unless you want a smokey distortion). Emit enough particles that they look continuous.

Alternatively you you could create a curve object that fits the track locations, then grow its bevel size over time.

Thank you! I will try it.

Heres an example of using the BI renderer with halo material (no fade out though)

And here is a reply that suggests using the bTrace addon to grow curves over particles (much better results)

Thank you for your help I will let you know how it turns out

I think this will work! Thank you, for your help!

Please post your results, would be interested to know if you have trouble getting it to look good. It can be quite hard.

I finally finished it! It turned out pretty good not exactly the same as the real one but really close, I would rather not post the picture though. Thank you again for the help!