Typing names in English, under line, space bar or capital letter?

Hello. This question might be off the topic. However, I’m glad if you could reply to me.

When you type names of objects or poses, I see that you type “_” instead of " "(space bar).
For example, Eye_cross.
And I sometimes see people type EyeCross.

Are there any differences between them? Which one do you recommend?

It has to do with scripting and coding. A lot of programming languages won’t recognize an object or function if it is separated by a space. So most users have the habit of naming objects as one connected term. But if you aren’t doing any scripting, there is no reason you need to name without spaces.

I think it’s still best practice to use one of those methods instead of putting spaces in, even if you’re not planning on doing any coding, especially for naming files, and in Blender where you always might end up needing a little python later. My preference is for camel-case (nameThingsLikeThis) since it’s no harder than typing things normally, whereas the underscore is a little out of the way on the keyboard.

In answer to whether there is a difference between typingLikeThis or typing_like_this, normally no. They are just different ways of avoiding spaces while still keeping the text readable by differentiating between words. Some programming languages may have restrictions as to what you can use, but normally you can use either one.

Thank you very much for telling. I didn’t know that some programming languages don’t recognize sentences with a space bar.
As you guys suggest, I’d possibly use programming languages. So, I’m going to use _ instead of space bars.

yea…This is really in the realm of Computer Programming and Computer File Name Recognition and Variable/Constant Names within a Computer Program.

Although in the Y2K+ Windows OS, using Spaces in File Names is okay, in Computer Programming Applications, that leads only to problems.

I do use both Methods; and, I also use a Third Method; being that, I was writing GW-BASIC Computer Programs back in the 1990s.

The recommended methods are…
“FileName”
“File_Name”
“File-Name”
“Filename”
“FILENAME”
“FILE-NAME”
“FILE_NAME”

Some of my Blender Files even use…
“File Name - #”
“FileName - #”
“FileName-#”