Swimming scene (small warning)

Edit delete, edit:delete, edit:Delete

1 Like

Hmmm… perhaps she needs to interview at the HH&C…We are currently seeking some pole dancers :slight_smile:

The rope came out nice, looks like you may have integrated some particle hairs. I kind of feel the deck could
benefit from some random paint chipping and wear, unless your going for the freshly stained look.

Mmmmm, although I think that she would look a whole lot better in a sling bikini. :evilgrin: Cannot wait to see her in harleys fun house.

Oh and yes the rope is looking nice.

Shaun

Harley, Ha! those poles you have definitely need some action.

Speed. Yah, I might throw some more clothes on her, and change that around.

The only things that feel wrong to me are:

1. The rope holder thingy connection point (with the wood) - maybe you should put two screws on opposite sides?
  2. The face of the other girl - I feel like the eyes are tilted inward too much.

The bikini looks like it’s a few sizes too small with how much it compresses the skin, and with her legs hanging over the dock the skin around her butt should be pushed outwards slightly more. Also I think the dock should be lowered because it looks like it’s too high above the water for the small boat in the background.

Kuberoot - Added 3 screws around the cleat and moved eyes to a smoother less angular tilt.

Shajuke. Resculpted the skin, loosened slightly, and pushed the butt much more downwards and outwards more. I moved the boat closer the camera. I do have the dock high up, but there are stairs on the left.

I want to move more towards a ocean/boat and less bikini. To that end I added a knitted shirt and a couple of bottles, changed the wood material/color. I’m going to go over with a grunge pass, more dirt, decay and junk in water.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]412213[/ATTACH]

You have the strings on the left of the bikini intersecting the skin, now.

Riokem thanks, I didn’t see that, pulled them out more. Boat now closer and another boat next to dock. I am experimenting with some filters on this one.

Hey Photox

Scene is looking really nice and everything seems to be in the right place with the exception of the girl in the water, she has bothered me since the 1st render, but maybe you have your reasons?

Render is in fact looking really realistic too and the material on the jersey is superb.

Regards

Shaun

I think the problem withe girl in the water is whatever that green thing is that appears to be sticking out of her neck.

This is looking quite good! But something feels a bit off, and I’m not 100% sure what. Perhaps the skin color on the women? The texture on the sweater as well seems perhaps a bit flat. I’m not completely sure about either of those things though, and either way, it still looks great!

As a nearly random photo it’ s looking good and convincing, which i guess was your intention.
Agree with the issue pointed by Rioken plus her hairs don’t look wet, if they are supposed to be so.
The shirt right now is not very interesting and probably can be slightly thinner. You can experiment with some folds and adjust the “end” like this one : link .

The woman in the water was always too uncanny and was the reason for so much DOF, so I’m going to try taking her out. Per mik’s suiggestion I added a double knit pleat on the bottom of the shirt and thinned the knits some. Right now it’s only an image texture (as opposed to the shirt which is modeled knits) Experimenting with a sunset lighting scheme here.

It’s looking really good now and i’m loving the changes. The only thing I notice that stands out for me is the size of the oars, I can’t say i’m super familiar with random oars but it’s not that far away from her butt which gives it a reference size of being about a hand’s length in the vertical length of the actual oar head. That seems really small to me, but there could be different sized ones as well. The one in the distance on the right boat seems about twice the size of these close ones. I love them in the image and in the composition, just maybe see how scaling them up works in the scene? Everything is picking up that sunset lighting amazingly!

Really liking your sunset lighting, I think it was a wise move to lose the swimmer shown in previous posts. The changes on the sweater look solid as well. I do agree with ladymischief, The paddles seem too small.

Have an idea for the shirt just to add more detail - you could probably use a particle system (hairs) and create the little fuzz coming off the sweater. Wouldn’t be too difficult I imagine.