Open Source 3D Model of Dealey Plaza

This project should be historic. You will not get this kind of visibility and appreciation in other volunteer projects, due respect.

For the first time since 1963, The People have decided to take over the investigation of the tragic murder of president John F Kennedy in this particular, scientific, distributed and open way. This is one of several related projects.

There is one person, Mark Messer, in charge of the Dealey Plaza model, and he is very busy doing the iconic Texas School Book Depository building.

However, there are other buildings and streets to be done. Not to mention knolls and fences.

From day one, we are placing every single file that we produce on the Internet. This is what we have so far:

https://goo.gl/jTy69B

Please reply in the forum or in private.

Oh, I must add that I was lucky enough to find that the Internet domain dealey-plaza.org was available, so I purchased it.

The head designer, Mark, is a very experienced Blender user (not so much with characters, but buildings). Additionally, he is doing some work with Rhino.

Our intention is to release the model to the world in as many file formats as possible: Maya, 3DS Max, Solid Works, AutoCAD, Modo, etc. That could be another opportunity for you to help: Porting the original scene and animations to other formats.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]411924[/ATTACH]

This is it, the infamous TSBD building in all her tragic beauty.

Can I post a follow-up here??

Is there any movement on this?

I’m willing to help. Got time, and a willingness to learn Blender.

Frustrated by lack of Open Source version of Dealey Plaza. I still believe a 3D model (Open Sourced) aids the JFK research community.

regards

Hi Adrian: This project has been dormant, for lack of time on my part (doing other JFK numbers-related stuff), but the most serious lack of resources is people like you. My e-mail address is [email protected].

Please write there (post here as well, until we make sure that we have a reliable channel). I will send you plenty of information.

Thanks a million for your interest! … and best regards,

-Ramon F. Herrera
JFK Numbers

Adrian: Are you familiar with other 3D tools? I am not an expert, have some of the applications (Blender, Sketchup, 3DS Max, Maya), but I am told and have some experience that it is not too hard to convert from one file format to another. IOW: You could be immediately producing.

I will put you in contact with the 2 people who have worked before and give you access to everything (from files to contacts to lots of moral support :-).

Thx again,

-Ramon

Hi! I’m sure no one will see this, but just in case I wanted to say something. I really think what you’re doing here is great, and I would love to help. I’m trying to make a JFK Reloaded-Style simulation. I know it’s controversial, but I want it to be there for anyone who it. It’ll differ in a lot of major ways from JFK Reloaded, though. In this version, you can pick your location for being the shooter. Grassy Knoll, TSBD, Dal-Tex building, you name it, or you can switch between. Also, I want to keep the “Ballistics” part, but for the different cars, I want different ballistics, not just that of the main motorcade. I want more realistic driver “decisions,” and a lot more animation triggers. I know it’s a lot, but I think it could be a historic project. I think, sometime down the line, if this has been taken well, we should add a multi-player mode, for more accurately representing the conspiracy side of things. I think there should be a video that plays at the start of each and every boot-up, unskippable, that explains the true purpose of it. I hope somebody can help me with this. I’m getting a new mouse tommorow, and then I’ll start some buildings in Dealey Plaza. Something Simple, like the FBI building or something. Maybe the Grassy Knoll fence. Thank you for reading this far, if you did, and I hope you have an amazing day.

1 Like

Note: I work in Blender, and pretty much just that.

Also, if anyone does see this, please comment to let me know how you feel about this. If you think it’s too soon, let me know. If not, tell me either way! I appreciate the feedback! I really hope the originator of this post sees this, and that people still want this!

Very interested in this project. A model of Dealey Plaza would be a great starting point. What I would like to see is a model including

• Dealey Plaza
  • The 1961 Lincoln Continental four-door convertible
  • Relevant people (Kennedy, Mrs Kennedy, The limo driver, governor, police, secret service, etc)
  • The timeline, based on the zapruder film

This would allow us to RENDER the zapruder film, verify the frames (purported missing frames, etc)

Even the controversial bullet trajectories could be investigated in a 3d environment.

If anyone reading this is aware of any other work being done on Dealy Plaza or JFK, please post here.

Thank you!