Is there a way to Maximize Area (ctrl up) + close the T and N panels simultaneously ?

Hello all -

The title says it all : I am looking for a way to perform 3 “3D View>View” operations at the same time. That is to say :

• Maximizing the 3D viewport (left Ctrl + Up)
  • closing the T panel
  • closing the N panel

And of course I would like this to behave like a toggle, at a keypress (probably a Fn key … F5 would be pretty good for that !). This would basically give the user the ability to go “full-fullscreen” for maximum screen real estate and minimum visual clutter.

Is there a way to do this ? Researching the topic only brought this up, which is loosely related :

Thanks !

view…toggle full screen or alt F10
alt F9 and alt F11 are usefull too…

Well that was fast ! alt-F10 it is :slight_smile: Perfect, that will be very useful. Thanks a ton !

is there a wiki page for all these commands ?

thanks
happy bl

you can find pages like this one on the web:

all the shortcuts are in Preferences/imputs tab

Well to be fair these shortcuts are shown in their corresponding menus too, so most of the time it is just a matter of looking around. In this case it’s actually quite amusing, it was right next to other commands I played with but it didn’t occur to me that “Toggle Fullscren Area” was exactly what I needed.

It turns out to be much more useful that battling with T and N panels, even though I don’t think any introduction tutorial ever mentions it. Very handy.