Utapaun Lord Sith

Just to celebrate the incoming new Star Wars episode, I decided to make a lord Sith design.
It’s a blind pau’an passed to the dark side.
Sculpted and modeled with Blender. Composited with Gimp.

Hope you like it :slight_smile:

awesome images, the second and the first one are my favorite, congrats for this result!

Nicely done, a lot of work here for sure and great pics.
I also prefere the first and second one

Cool Sith Lord. Have you tried 3D printing it?

Reem

Great job from your work, second is pretty hell nice ! How you have adding this smoke so realistic ?

nicely done.

Hey, thanks for commenting.

I wanted to share some more information about materials and lighting I used in the scene.

Here is the node setup I used for the armor. It uses different kind of fresnel effects (got it from Kent Trammel’s cgcookie car paint) and added cavity and occlusion textures as dirt masks. I wanted it to look like Darth Vader plastic/metal armor, but with some more dirt.

This is the lighting setup I’ve used. It’s all made of emission planes. I used that half cilinder for creating a “total” rim light around the character. It also makes the center of the face darker, that always makes a more threatening aspect on the character.

The grid of planes above are made to get reflections from the armor material, distorted from the fresnel effects.

The rest of the image (backgrounds and smoke) is made with postproduction. Here is a matcap view from blender viewport.

Thanks for reading.

Really cool, great job!

Very nice work! I am really impressed by the modeling of the armor and clothing. :slight_smile:
Maybe you should work more at the texturing and the material of the face. Try like subsurface scattering? I think you reallly could improve your work to make it more realistic.

Really great job!

Wonderful sith!
I don’t like yellow lightsabers very much ,but here it looks pretty organic:yes:

amazing concept and 3d!!

Good work. Well deserved top row.

…and on the subject of the top row image (third in your post I think) - I thought it was going to be a modern remake of Judge Death :stuck_out_tongue:

Very cool work, and I also thought of Judge Death when I saw the thumbnail on top row :smiley: I like the proportion and energy in this.

yeah !!! :yes:

Fantastic work - love the second image most, like the third too, fierce and full of menace - the modelling is awesome, so are the materials but what makes it all come together is the great lighting, nice job!

who is now look-a-like of Anakin Skywalker Robocop and Alien hybrid in Star Wars 7 The Force Awakening?

“They are here! The tenth level. Thousands of battle droids.”

5 *'s.

Dan

Just brilliant. Makes me feel like such a newb :stuck_out_tongue:

Amazingly done (and yes, it reminds Judge Death, but anyway)!