The Still Godfather.

Hi all!

A little tribute to The Godfather films:

Textures from ‘textures.com’ and ‘episcura.com’.

Horse model from ‘dimensiva.com’.

Cycles and post whit PS.

Hope you like it, cheers!

Attachments

Nice oranges, they look real.

thanks, glad you like it!

Nice, loving like the concept, modelling and final look and feel. If I had to critique it would be the composition - I just feel that the oranges are so striking (in a good way) but they’re almost in the centre of the image horizontally, and perhaps a little too small?

Also, by arranging some foreground elements closer to the camera, add some depth of field, then the focus would be stronger and add more depth overall - leading the viewers eye into the scene…

Hi @DigitalHardware, glad you like it!

Following your advices, I’ve remade very quickly in PS the compo of the image:

may be this option is better… I don’t know, at first I thought that making all the enviorment in black and white except the oranges, horse and hat would be enough… but with this compo it looks more ‘focused’… I will consider these aspects for my next projects.

Thanks for for the criticism, and sorry for my bad english!

I must say I like your composition, the foreground stuff which is only slightly recognizable and the tilt of the camera give it a nice look. I must say the oranges didn’t strike me first when it comes to realism, but instead I must say you did some very nice work on the hat, both the texture and the mesh :slight_smile:

Hi smili, cool, happy to give feedback :slight_smile: no worries, your English is great!
I think one of my points may have come across wrong! Now the oranges are perfectly in the middle of the image, I was saying that they could perhaps be more to the right third of the image (rule of thirds etc.).

I really like what you’ve done with this, and the black & white with solitary colour is a nice touch - the depth of field is effective too, really makes the centre piece pop! Great work!