Log Truck

Here is a project I’ve been working on for a while. I challenged myself to make everything from scratch; no downloaded models or textures. Rendered in Cycles, post-processing in Photoshop and Blender.

2 Likes

This looks really nice, great job!

That turned out awesome, csjones! Very impressive work! The texturing and materials are very well done, and the subject itself is so cool.
The details add so much to the show, like the trees in the background and the tire tread in the road. I like the slightly damaged grille as well. The environment looks just as good as the truck. Did you use anything special to help model the trees? I’m currently working on a very large environment and am having trouble creating trees that look good.

Thanks for commenting, guys!
@James Candy I used the sapling add-on for the trees. I learned how to use it from this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGFGuL8bfdI

Great result! Well done :slight_smile:

Very nice.
Texture work is impressive and I love the old fashioned tones

Very nice :slight_smile: I love the truck its such a lovely clean looking model and I love the details in the scenery especially the ground. How did you do the tire tracks on the ground? They look great :slight_smile:

Awesome amount of details and a very good shot angle, definitely got that old time looks that really fits the scene. One tiny miss though…it needs a battery box/step on the passenger side. Other than that it is a brilliant piece.
you could also add a lot more chains with either hooks of link-pins hanging from the front bumper, lots of loggers also serve as tow trucks in the woods.

Nice wear on the metal, overall pleasing composition

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions!
@Adorabear For the tire tracks, I made a tread texture and used it as a stencil for sculpting with dynamic topology.

wow, I think the first time that background are a image, but the big surprise is all modeling, why this work don’t have the 5 starts that deserve? well I will contribute with my 5*, congratulations!

I simply like this work very much. Also like your challenge: no downloaded models or textures…

You are absolutely right because his works are beautifull… go for 5 stars ! Good one and deserved !

@joseperez, @brano, @threedslider Thanks so much!

Nice result! The sky is from scratch?

@mik1190 Thanks! The sky image was taken by my brother, and the lighting is from an HDR I made myself.

any chance you could send this my way? it’d be awesome to have in Farming Simulator