The happiest moment of Christmas

24 of December is the most anticipated day of the month as besides celebrating the birth of Catholic God on earth, I think is the happiest moment for the family, since even if is in found in its worst condition, try in some way to celebrate.
The reason is because in that day it comes to creating and sharing happy moments with the closest people, and don’t forget the little ones, who they explode with joy, since after one of them placed the newly Jesús born in a manger, representing God in the act, they can open with emotion their gifts.

This work take me 4 days to accomplish, I made this running so I can not put much details to this scene.

I take a reference a little manger that have a familiar and I found funny make it only adding a sligh personal touch accord to my quick sketc, but trying to keep the style of the original.

EDIT

images updated

1 Like

and the scene in blender

Hey Jose.
mery christmas!

what a lovely and weldone scene.
just beware of the ground texture scale. It looks pixelised.
great artwork :slight_smile:

Hey, José, this is a wonderful idea and well executed. The two figures of Mary and Joseph appear to look in anticipation of baby Jesus :slight_smile: The shaders for the figures are lovely and the clothing is so well done.

I know, how difficult it is to model hands and to texture skin. The hand is standing out a bit, because everything else looks so real shaderwise and the hand does not.

I do like the composition very much, especially in the second image.

Thanks for your Christmas wishes. Have a wonderful time also.

Merry christmas Jose!
I like this artwork: idea, perspective, composition… I love the modeling work. The manger is cartoonish and works very good, and the clothes are well made too.
I don’t like the straw because it looks like hair. Perhaps it would be better with a clay material, as the characters. I think it is a very good job for only four days, with more time it could be wonderful, with some lighted lamp in the background and more resolution and samples.

The nativity characters modeling and shading look outstanding. As Minoribus mentioned, the human hand is probably the weak link in the scene. I really like the 2nd render posted, because it guides the eye to the characters.

I hope you and your family have a nice holiday.

Awesome!

Que buen trabajo parce, feliz navidad! :slight_smile:

@minoribus
I know, how difficult it is to model hands and to texture skin. The hand is standing out a bit, because everything else looks so real shaderwise and the hand does not.

@harleynut97
As Minoribus mentioned, the human hand is probably the weak link in the scene.

I agree, the hand is one part I can not dedicate much work being one of my central part of my render, I think I was only focused the composition as my second screenshoot, but anyway I work I little more to show the microdetails that I lose when I render the image to the competition

@Madrid82
I don’t like the straw because it looks like hair. Perhaps it would be better with a clay material, as the characters.

Hi sergio, in fact I was going to do so, but for some reason I take to do use the particle system, and I liked the result because that reminded me the golden strips used for decoration.

I think it is a very good job for only four days, with more time it could be wonderful, with some lighted lamp in the background and more resolution and samples.

thanks, to next render I will try to improve the quality, this time when I separte the image using render layer and linked objects to increase the samples in some parts of the image, but the render times made me crazy on some parts that I don’t think could be take a lot of time processing, for example the entire render without using layers take 4hs, but when I render only the floor take the same time rendering, and when I render only the hand take 6h with the same quantity of samples so that leave me a little tired.

@Pieriko @Harleynut97 @Minoribus @Madrid82 @Juperaldo

Thanks for the good wishes and feedbacks, also have a good new year, is good know you liked the concept of my image, I leave here the image with the sligh changes:

289 samples

sorry for the delay responce, but if I don’t responce quick, is because I was attempt to improve the image, but I take in count your comentarys!

PD. later I will post the second composition with that change.

Happy new year and the best wishes for all.

José

Hey Jose

Love the look you got here and the very small attention to detail on the cloth, the baby Jesus looks very innocent and in fact the expressions on Mary and Joseph’s faces are very well done too. The materials and the colours are very well done, the only thing that lets it down a bit is the hand.

Happy new year

Shaun

Hi Shaun(Speed7)

hahaha definelly is the weak point because is the part that I focuse less, but I increase the samples and a little the resolution (accord to suggestion of Madrid) to show the sligh changes I did:

524 samples with 12-13 hours of render, I have to render by segments and join the image with krita.

the subsurface scattering is a cheating shader because on the previews I have diferent result compared to the true render:

that some test I did on this before to both results with more resolution, maybe don’t have much improvement but at least I attemp hahahah.

I leave here the first renders I post with 289 samples, since the limit to 3 images by post.

Have a excellent start to the year!

That is so nice, at first sight i though that it was a real picture, then i read an omg! You are soo talented.
Hope one day i will be able to do this!