[Addon] One click HDRI lighting setup

Hi there,

just a quick python hack to get a basic environnement lighting with a simple click. Strength and orientation are adjustable.

HDRI-lighting-Shortcut

Hope it helps,

Merci Nikos, Tu nous cachais bien ton jeu, gentil chenapan!
Un grand merci pour ce nouvel addon!
A l’année prochaine! :evilgrin:

and here’s how to actually use it :

ps : Hi Spirou ! Best wishes for 2016 !!

Nice idea, thanks… : -)

Nice !

Just for info, HDRI must be in EXR or HRD, never jpg, but, I think you know that ^^

Yes @Pitiwazou, you are right. Thanks for pointing this out.
While coding the thing, I am using cheap lowres jpg for faster rendering :slight_smile:

Works great Nikos, cheers!

Thanks @retrograde !
@@Spirou4D : I reviewed the code and now, everything should always be up to date. Thanks again for your contribution !

Tu devrais renommer ton script init.py n’est pas le plus adapté pour un script en un seul fichier.

Thanks Nikos_,
All is ok now.

but I have a remark, please:

• place later the hdri_prefs in the config folder in $HOME/.config/blender/2.76/config
    It’s more proper.
  • the name must be without uppercase: hdri_lighting_shortcut
  • you must place your add-on in -> “category”: “Material”, not in “Render”.

Bye bye and thanks for your great add-on. :eyebrowlift:

Mais si Pittiwazou, c’est un addon en dossier hdri_lighting_shortcut donc init.py est tout à fait normal. il y aura d’autres fichiers de fonctions ensuite…

Hi All, and thanks for your suggestions. The script is healthier now !

Update :

• the node setup is different whether you are using real hdri files or not
  • the interface disappears as soon as the node tree is manually removed (or when significant modifications are made)
  • the file’s name is always up-to-date

Spirou4d, I don’t know how to save the prefs in a proper location. Your path is system and version dependant :eek: any suggestion ?
Pitiwazou, I want the zip file (downloaded from github) to be directly installable in Blender.

Les paremètres ne donnent rien si je les touches sur l’interface.

http://pitiwazou.com/screenshots/2016-01-10_11-09-57.gif

Tu devrais ajouter un bouton pour supprimer la map aussi.

is it possible to have a library with clickable thumbnails of stored hdri images?
like this:

very nice addon!

Pitiwazou : merci de ton retour et d’avoir pris le temps de faire un gif ! Est-ce que tu as un message dans la console ? Je n’arrive pas à reproduire le bug. Sinon, j’ai ajouté un bouton pour supprimer la map… hehe… je n’y avais pas pensé :slight_smile:

Albertofx : Hi ! Yes, it’s possible although I have no idea how to do it :slight_smile: The add-on was just meant to be a shortcut for myself. I didn’t spend a lot of calories working on it :slight_smile:

Nikos,

Je t’ai répondu chez toi…A+ :slight_smile:
Spirou4D

http://pitiwazou.com/screenshots/Blender_2016-01-10_13-09-30.png

Hi pitiwazou,
You must remove the “-master” extension to the name of the folder before installation, please.

EDIT Nikos: you must change the name of your folder with _:
hdri_lighting_shortcut

Pitiwazou, I guess I’ve been careless. I initialized the faulty variable now and it should be okay…
As far as I know, the -master thing is not an issue.

thanka-thanks!