Batgirl Statue l Kfir Merlaub Art

Hi Everyone,
Here is a new personal project in Blender I wanted to share :slight_smile:

Batgirl from Batman and Robin 1997 Movie. A suggestion for a collectible production of one of Batgirl as performed by Alicia Silverstone.

Created in Blender. and rendered in realtime.
This Sculpt I reached 21 million verts for the geometry which is yet again the highest for me so far in Blender :slight_smile:

Find Out More:

Amazing work, very seductive. Great job!

DAmn,

Can anything stop you?
You’re really an amzing digital artist!

Ok, I have to say, this made me drool. I mean, wow! I really love the craftsmanship on this construction. Keep in mind, this is the first time I have seen one of your projects. I have a feeling I might be keeping an eye on you. Namely, the pose is dramatic, the textures captivating, the lighting dramatic and dynamic, and you really get a sense of how powerful a character she has, something that a majority of related works really fail to capture.

That’s so good, great work!!

superb work!

Wow! Reminds me of the unlocked 3D figures showcase on the Batman games. Pro stuff! Congrats.

Wooooooooooooooow. How do you do this ??? Unbelievable. I hope that you make a tutorial anytime. Is this a retopology model or the “original” sculpt ?

Thanks a lot guys! Very happy for the feature! :slight_smile:
Here is a little tour in the scene file. I show there a trick I found out by mistake - to add a hemi light to the skin layer alone, this can soften the shadows and add to an sss feel. I will experiement more with it…

@gr8! Thanx! I am not familiar with the unlocks, which game? sounds cool!

@Mikel007 Yeah this model is raw meshes sculpted into pose. This is the primary reason I use Blender and not Zbrush. Zbrush forces you to work with a Tpose and then pose the sculpt. With Blender capable of local symmetry of rotated objects I can sculpt into the pose and focus on the sculpt and its composition while working and not delaying it later. This gives me artistic freedom. I don’t retopologize and I don’t use multires. I lookforward that in the future an auto retopology tool like in ZB will be developed and a stronger more robust multires. But Blender so far is a treat :slight_smile:

Excellent, excellent work.

This is awesome, excellent work

Really well done!

I’ve seen them on Arkham Asylum. Here is the video: (not mine)

Another one already ! Looks just incredible.
I would have thought that both Bat Girl and Conan are easily good enough to be highly desirable as collectible sculptures.

The entire top row of Blender Artists is looking like ZBrush Central today. Happy 2016.

Completely speechless. wow.

Is this 3d printable? I’d put it on my shelf for certain!

@gt8! Thanks for sharing!

@Toka, yes Blender is definitely an amazing open option with virtually limitless capability :slight_smile: I wish the Blender sculpting community will grow stronger especially it being used for top productions.

@Daelius, I create all these projects with 3d printing in mind. However these pieces are aimed at higher end productions and I hope to get a chance to work with a studio to produce such works in the near future.

Thanks a lot!!
Kfir

That is simply excellent.