Horse 2.0

The evolution of horse :slight_smile:

Really nicely done, I think you found a good way of solving the scaling issues. I enjoyed following your WIP.

That’s just awesome!

I’m in agreement with @harleynut… Having our hero here in a relevant environment and in the proper context definitely resolved the whole terrier thing.

Amazing work, and I too greatly enjoyed watching the process. :slight_smile:

That’s just awesome!

That strange horsie is well done. Though, that rather dirty and worn look it has is really not be appealing in real life. Just like a car. I want it all shiny and clean. Car that is worn out and dirty? The owner might just be poor or lazy.

Thanks all! @Ralmon Meril I’ll make sure he gets a bath next time out :slight_smile: Lot’s I still want to change but I’m going to be strict with myself and start on the next character then come back and refine this once I have her done so they match style wise I’m going to make that helmet more streamlined for a start, my modeling got a lot better since I started that last year.

Learnt how to texture better which was the main goal of this and learnt how to light for inserting into a photo scene, I need to refine that more but pretty pleased with this, I shot a full 360 HDRI from where the model is in the picture and that’s the only lighting in the scene with the subtle shadows and everything, worked quite well.

Off into the uncanny valley for his partner in crime :slight_smile:

Why? Is the horse going to be pulling the Queen’s carriage in the near future.

I am supposing a robotic horse would be sort of like an “off road” vehicle. It is supposed to be dirty. They’d be put to the same task as horses once were - hard work. You know, pulling large loads, etc. They’re not competing in a beauty contest. And they’re really not going to be in jumping competitions or dressage competitions or even horse racing because the AI [the robotic brain] has removed the rider.

Look at it from my viewpoint. I grew up in the boondocks, small farming towns. In these settings it was normal for a pickup or a jeep or an SUV to be covered in mud. Not because the owner was lazy or poor but because they used the vehicles for what they were designed for - off roading, back roading. Going off the beaten trail - there’s nothing funnier than going down a hill that is pretty much 90 degrees in the middle of no where on an old muddy “cow path” road.

Every time some “city slicker” came into town either visiting relatives or passing through their sparkly clean vehicles were always worth a laugh. Why buy a vehicle if you’re not going to use it properly - it is merely a status symbol and really, ultimately, a waste of money.

maybe this render don’t have a look how a profesional photographer with a lot of effects how vignettes and another compositions effects, but looks how a normal photography that any person can take with a standar camera! the “real” horse and the enviroment looks
very very well I will repeat looks like a normal photo take in the afternoon, in my opinion the picture have his own beauty, but maybe much people ever want a type of “movie” result on a image, that can’t to appreciate the good result of this type of render.

for my you have five starts!

Thanks @@joseperez I tried really hard to keep the composition looking like a normal picture with the the grain and lighting.

The horse looks suspiciously realistic! Love it!

kick butt! :yes:

Nice! You included your Model pretty good in the picture!