JDM Miata

So, I’m back from the world of the dead. I have done a lot of 3D car work during the past 2 years, but I haven’t posted much… because I rarely finish my stuff. So I decided for once to start something and finish it, even if it’s simple. So I made this garage environment and put my Miata model in there, which is the most detailed I have (it is finished but now I want to change things again :’) ). I’m not fully satisfied with the quality of this, but, oh well. This is what I can manage while still studying, I guess.

Hope you like it, and as always, I constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

Render stats: Cycles, 10000 samples, approx 6h with an OC’d GTX 970 G1.

First of all I really do not like to critique your work because I know how good you are at this stuff!
Maybe it’s just me, but I do not think the pink theme matches the sexy red car paint. :confused:
Maybe a blue-ish/aqua-ish color would fit it better.
I think more contrast would help a bit too.
However the car model looks very nice and detailed!

Another thing… 10k samples… That’s a lot compared to the amount of noise.
Do you know the reason for this? :confused:

Actually you are probably right with that, it would look better, but I guess I just felt like making it purple. And the reason for it needing so many samples is probably cause the whole scene is modelled and it’s a closed space with no ambient lighting or hdri’s, plus, it’s dark.

Oh… purple not pink.
But oh well - If all renders used the same red/aqua-blue color scheme, it would indeed be a boring world.
That makes sense - I wondered if you were using an HDRI with the Multiple Importance setting turned off.