Truck composite

What keeps this truck from realism?

very nice modeling, I ca’t find any mistakes there. The materials needs a lot of work. I suspect that the white parts of the truck’s materials might be good but the lighting and noise make it difficult to say. All the gray areas,the wheels and the fuel tank materials doesn’t look correct, again this might just be the lighting and noise

I agree with KoekieMonster, good modelling. I think some contrast and brightness adjustments can help to blend in the truck with the scene as well. The background has a large contrast, whereas the truck has a very mild contrast. The shadows on the truck should be much darker to match the background.

HTH

work on the mats, the paint is to glossy :slight_smile:

The truck is too washed out. The shadows underneath in and around the wheels and fuel tanks needs to be way darker, about the same as the tree trunk on the right side. Notice we can’t see the detail of the trunk, same goes for the truck.

The cab isn’t dark enough either, since the light source is clearly near the rear passenger corner, the cab would be fairly dark.

In this case, you can fix the materials all you want, but if you neglect the shadows it will never look right.

It looks pretty good already. Darkening the shadows underneath was a good suggestion though. But, my first thought is that the truck is traveling down the road, but I can’t see a driver - try parking it on the side of the road and turn the front wheels in slightly to give it some life. Adding grunge might help too: brake dust on the wheels; wiper marks on the windscreen; dirt and grime underneath and in the crevices and so on. Unless the truck is supposed to be generic (straight out of the factory), give it some individuality - a logo or something painted on the door or the back canopy; wind the windows part way down; and some scratches or dents; even just add some registration stickers in the front windscreen. Perhaps put some undulations into that large rectangular side area (of the back canopy).

For me it looks like there is light coming from below, from an environment map. I think there shouldn’t be that much light bouncing from the road to the truck. If this is a default setup from the movie clip editor, maybe you have to add another layer and make a floor so that the truck won’t receive the direct light from the environment map from below. Then exclude inflluence from other layers. In one of my last post I showed how.