Drop to ground - Addon

This is a modified version of the Drop to ground Script created by Florian Meyer(testscreenings) and Unnikrishnan(kodemax), modified to work for Blender 2.76b. This addon makes it possible to select a whole bunch of objects and then making them drop to the nearest surface below. There is also an option that rotates/tilt the “fallen” objects to match the angle of the ground below Hope you like it!

Original Author: Florian Meyer(testscreenings) and Unnikrishnan(kodemax)All credits are maintained.
Original Script can be found here:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Object/Drop_to_ground

DO NOT PAY FOR THIS ON MY GUMROAD PAGE! IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.

You can get it here: https://gumroad.com/l/drop_to_ground

5 Likes

Useful. Thanks for the update :).

Your welcome!

In latest build (blender-2.77-509270e win64) i got this error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “D:\Progs\blender-2.77.0-git.509270e-AMD64\2.77\scripts\addons\object_drop_to_ground.py”, line 169, in execute
drop_objects(self, context)
File “D:\Progs\blender-2.77.0-git.509270e-AMD64\2.77\scripts\addons\object_drop_to_ground.py”, line 111, in drop_objects
lowest_world_co + down)
ValueError: too many values to unpack (expected 3)

Thanks for the feedback!

Why gumroad, can’t it be kept with blender.org?
It’s just an adaptation for further use.
See, this is how everything goes down the drain.

I did it because it was the fastest way for me to do right now,You are more than welcome to put it up there as well!

A so needed tool! Thanks a lot! : - )

Yeah i felt the same :wink: Glad to hear you find it useful aswell.

Ah, OK. Nice move then.
Tested with 2.77 RC1. Works.
Great work, thank you.

Can’t figure out how to have it updated on the ‘official’ site :spin: if anyone could share some info…

Thanks for the update :smiley:

Your most welcome!

Hi Jimpaw80
Is it possible when the object drops to the ground ,
the bottom face of the object to take the shape of
the ground. (Like a Flow command in some programs).

I prefer gumroad to be honest, easier for me to keep track of addons. Nice work btw. Looking forward to trying it out. Can’t wait for the next update to smart fill :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks useful, thanks!

Could not agree more,very simple to use and easy to interact with people, thanks for buying smartfill, we are working on an update!

I got the last version from gumroad, but still the same error???

how is this different to drop to ground addon in contrib?

contrib version works! thx

I have the same error. Blender 2.76