Shin's Sketchbook

I don’t like making so many threads, so thought I should start a Sketchbook. Most of my work will be based on comic, cartoon, anime characters. My end goal is to do animation with all these models at some point.

Attachments

MegaMan. Still need to do some more facial shape keys.

Attachments

2 more of MegaMan

Attachments

You have some interesting stuff here. I’m glad to see another non-photorealistic (nonphoto realistic? non photo-realistic? Is it one word or multiple and are there hyphens? Feel free to correct my awful spelling.) Blender sketchbook as most of the currently updating ones are focusing on realism. I don’t think it is bad as many of them are quite impressive and skilled, but it is nice to see a little more diversity in art styles here. I look forward to and wish you luck on your future projects.

I really like that first Megaman picture! Keep it up!

Freestyles? nice

Hey, thanks very much. Yeah it’s good to see another NPR poster. I have a lot of different projects I’m working on, but never seem to get anywhere with them. I think working alone doesn’t give me enough motivation.

Something I’m working on now. (on a side note. why are all images on this site not only showing a text? I didn’t change any setting. Just came back after a week break and no images are showing, their only as text.)

Attachments

Yeah, NPR posters seem to be really rare from what I’ve seen compared to the rest of the community. As for the image thing, I think I remember an announcement a while back saying that they were planning to move the site to a different server or something. I don’t remember the exact details, so you probably shouldn’t quote me on this.

Yeah it does seem that way. The is a good NPR facebook group. Are you joined on their group? Yeah I think you’re right on the sever thing. Because the other day, I tried coming here for about an hour and it said the server was down.

Good sketches (or i would say - finished works).
I liked the Megaman.

But i think that Blender + Freestyle + Cartoon material is a very good tools for non organic shapes (like architecture, robots, etc…).

Wow, I loved the Megaman…

It’s well modelled, simple and very faithful to the original. :yes: