Table tutorial

so I made this tutorial a few months back but not many people are on my channel to see it. So I picked one of my best tutorials I have made so go check it out and see what you think

link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS1P4WWsejY

The tutorial needs a lot of work. A tutorial is supposed to teach through demonstration. For a viewer this means getting knowledge from the various parts of the shown process and the end result from following a tutorial is what is made in it, which works as an example. For you that’s not the end result or the end product, it’s the tutorial itself.

Many good tutorials hide a lot of background work done for getting the published result. The easier it is to follow and understand, and the more straight-forward it seems, chances are the more work has been done to make it like that. Even my humble text tutorial (linked in my signature) has many feedback sessions and 6 rewrites behind it before I posted.

Your tutorial doesn’t seem to have clear teaching goals. It also has mistakes/bad examples: No references used for the table. No listed modeling requirements/target. Scaling is done while the mouse cursor is next to the scaling center so it’s hard to control. Scaling is done in object mode but object scale is not applied afterwards, so the object is left with unapplied and non-uniform scale which means that tools and modifiers that work on object data level don’t seem to work as they’re supposed to. That includes UV unwrapping and Blender will warn about non-uniform object scale when you get to that.

I realize you’re young and certainly trying, so I don’t know the right way to say this so I just put it like this: If you’re a beginner, don’t try teaching other beginners. If you claim that you’re teaching people by saying your content is a tutorial, everyone’s assumption is that you know what you’re doing which won’t even be enough if you do, a potentially large audience will rate your content based on the quality of the education they receive from those. The easy solution is not to call your content as tutorials, there’s nothing wrong just showing others what you’ve made and the process to get there without taking the role of a teacher.

The skill level doesn’t mean one is skilled in transferring that knowledge to others, but if you’re making a tutorial for beginners, you’ll be more confident if you’re at least an intermediate level user yourself. If you’re making an intermediate level tutorial, it’s probably best to know things more advanced than that to have the same confidence. But how does an advanced user teach other advanced users? They don’t, they present what they’ve made and the process they used to get there, which is then open for interpretation and discussion.

i’m sorry if that’s the way you feel about it but 7 likes sure means people got it just saying

Sorry if this sounds rude but, you have a circle of friends that are up voting every video you are posting (And i’m sure you are doing the same to theirs)

JA12’s points are spot on.

I also have to agree with JA12, it’s nice that you’re making the effort to record a tutorial, however it needs allot of work. To begin, for the love of all things bright and beautiful don’t start a video with “Sorry I haven’t made a video in a while…”, you have 51 subscribers not 100k so just cut to the chase. " Ummm" is used too repetitively, if you watch any high quality tutorials you’ll see that they’ll generally avoid interjections in their speech as it becomes very tenuous to listen to after a while… The making of a good tutorial is to be simple, to the point and to cut out useless or dragged out moments. A good example of someone you could look at is Arrimus3D on YouTube…

I’m not hitting on you’re video, but since your name and channel is aimed at making tutorials it makes sense that you’d want to try and generate content that’ll draw people in.

Also, modelling a table like that is incredibly easy so I’ll assume you’re making it for an absolute beginner so perhaps name a series of videos as such. If you’re trying to inform an already competant Blender crowd then using references and going into more geometric detail would seem like a good way to go. At-least the video is 7 or so minutes long explaining how to model something that can be done in about 20 or so seconds, so you better have added a mamoth explanation on Blender’s tools to justify that sort of length…

Happy Blending!

too basic, too long. I think 30 seconds to a minute for what is covered.
What would be cool is try to challenge yourself, to make a full scene in the 5 minutes.