Feedback requested on interior project

Trying to improve this one. Feel that the focus is too much on the exterior somewhat, but the second one with a closet door is boring. Considering adding curtains to the exterior one. Took about a week. Any thoughts?

Art on wall is Francesco Locastro. For the background I couldn’t find a solid link back to the photographer, plan to cover it anyway possibly. The second image uses lukasstockner97’s LWR denoising filter in experimental build which explains artifacts for the second render, it’s low sample.

stc=1

Attachments

Your getting some cool shadows… not sure about the teal or blue rug… maybe a burgandy color to pick up the color of the bedspread?

Judging from camera angle, the room looks very huge.
The books on the floor? Why?:confused:

You can get rid of the artifacts, by increasing the Half Window value in the filter setting I usally put it at 10-15, if I see it introduce it at default value of 5.

Try the liner work flow of 2.2 gamma, and make sense of your scene.
But it looks good now.

Harley, what’s up man. ty for pointing that out. At one point the room color was blue and it fit better then, I’ll do tests :slight_smile:

LasseJV The books are there bc that’s what I do when I’m reading lol. Not very appealing for arch vis maybe

Saif, I did really high sample renders and set the half window at 8-10-15-40 and 50 and also got splotchy renders unfortunately. It’s my lighting I think that doesn’t allow for the filter to work its magic very well. I’ll look more into the gamma aspect, thanks

trying curtains. just a quick low sample render and lighting unfortunately has changed…I think I can change the curtains so they don’t change the lighting in the renderability options

EDIT: I thought I changed the render for this carpet to white, oops

Attachments

update. I have I think a fixed camera angle. I have updated the curtained with a little displacement and tweaked settings in the compostitor. Here’s a 500 sample render. Critiques please if you can help. somehow this lower resolution renders are not as splotchy as the larger 1920x1080 ones.

EDIT:

1920x1080 version low sample

Attachments

Hi Mir, this is a very nice scene. I wouldn’t care so much about the exterior. In fact I only noticed it after you mentioned it in your first post. Compared to the first post the last images have lost the brilliant brightness. They are more gray now.

What style are you going for with this image. If it is more a catalogue style then I’d go in the direction of the first post. When it should resemble a photo of a normal bedroom it is a bit to “clean” and it maybe should have more stuff in the room, for example on the dressing table.

And I personally like the light blue for the carpet better.

hey what’s up buddy. Thanks for your critique.

I agree wholeheartedly. I need to find a fast way to make the curtains not block the environment lighting coming from outside, which I think is what makes it brighter

This started out as a 40hr project, but if I add objects to it I’d really up that time, but you’re right…I need more to add to make it “lived in”

Will update in a while with a new render, thanks again!

Attachments

Maybe you could try to defocus the exterior if it bothers you :wink:
I like your scene. The walls are strange imo though, a bit of work on this texture would really improve your image.
You might also want to make a choice about the colors, kind of “make a statement”. You could either go with a “crazy lot of colors” image (kinda like the first one of the post, blue carpet, red chair, orange flowers, multicolor on the painting), or a less saturated/gray-ish image, with only the red sheets to draw our attention. But for this you should get rid of the disturbance : I look at your image and my eyes can’t rest, they’re drawn to the chair, the flower, the bed, the mirror…

Anyway, all of this to say : make a statement. Be bold, make a choice and go all the way for it. Your scene as enough quality for you to be able to do that :slight_smile:

Oh and all that is only my humble opinion of course, i’m no master in this art.

Cheers !

Hmmm… this appears to be an image for a furniture catalog. In that case:

•Unbalanced composition. The area on the right of the image is visually heavy while the area on the left is virtually empty. The quickest solution, I think, is just to cut the left area out to create a more balanced composition. Like this:

•Mismatched decoration and furniture. There is just a lack of harmony. Round, elegant and subdued mirror does not fit the rather sharp and angular feel that pervades the room. The heavily patterned bedspread and pillow covers does not connect with anything else in the room. The chair at the foot of the bed does not fit with the other furniture. You might be trying for something eclectic but there is just no unifying element in here.

Attachments

I learnt alot from your post @Ralmon_Meril, Thanks.

Ralmon Meril, thanks a lot for your great advice. I think I will certainly crop it, because it is very one sided. It’s not for a furniture catalogue, it was actually a kind of prove yourself assignment for a potential job I applied and interviewed for at a local company. I had to finish it in a week and I already work a job during the day so it was a frantic push, and I was pretty much throwing things together without as much thought as I would have liked to have had time for. I picked whatever textures I felt were ok enough and my main goal was and is photorealism (as their only specification was mainly photoreal). I do thank you very much for your in depth analysis, though. Since the job didn’t pan out, I will likely just put only a little more effort in on this one and put it in finished I guess. Seriously thank you to everyone for your input on this.

Here’s a cropped 350 sample version. Might just change that rug back to blue, dunno at this point

also, that blanket I don’t really like. I was going to do a down comforter but just didn’t have the time

Attachments

I have had a few looks at this and at 1st I thought it was the myriad of colours where not a lot match, as well as the room having modern and older furniture in it, but hey some people do this and that is their business. I went away and came back to look a few times at what was distracting for me in the pic and tonight it hit me. There is no decent definition between the the walls and the ceiling ie, a cornice of sorts and the walls and the ceiling seem to be made of the same material and have the same texture.

Shaun

Hey Mir it’s looking great but the curtains need some work the folds need to be defined more like the one in this image

and also the shadows are to hard also the texture of leg of the the ottoman needs more detail

and the rug needs to be more flat
/uploads/default/original/4X/9/5/4/95485122bcdb99f487712eb9545ee88b87c2ad6b.jpgstc=1

Attachments