Python art creating script

Hi,

So I made a Python script (click here to find it) that creates particle-based art in Blender, and left it running overnight, getting about 37000 pictures (around 3.25GB). More than half were disappointing, any many blank, but I will post some of the more colorful ones here. (Darker PNG files are smaller files so sorting by size allowed me to find these without scrolling through them all)

each took 1-2 seconds to render, and they are all just particle renders with random nodes in the compositor. I will put more renders below :slight_smile: ideas for improvement are welcome

Attachments

Some more colorful ones (around 1000 of these)

Attachments

There really are a lot of these

Attachments

Click here for the script, it won’t work without a particle system with the stupid name of ‘BLABLA’, but feel free to use it all you like.

For those unfamiliar with Python, what this script does is randomize some settings in a particle system, then add some random nodes with random settings to the compositor, link them, randomize the time and render it, saving the result. It doesn’t look like its saved the spacing in the script, so it won’t work if you copy and paste :frowning:

Anyway, to contrast here are some of the worse renders (30,000 of these)

the smallest 6000 are all just plain black, no point posting those.

Attachments

There’s one thing I’m stuck on that messed up a lot of these. Loads of the particles appeared at the bottom of the screen where the emitter is instead of being up in the air like the others. Here are a few examples:

I think it’s something to do with the cache, but I have no idea how to fix it. Any ideas?

Attachments

Not sure if it will work, but you may be able to sort the files by file size. The ones with mainly blank image should drop to the bottom and the more complex ones to the top.
If that works, you can search and delete by file size to limit bad results.

Thanks :slight_smile: That’s how I got the more colorful ones at the top. My main problem at the moment is the number of files with blobs at the bottom. Fixing this would give them a far higher success rate, but I have no idea how.